“Perfect place for a special occasion”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve a Table
Mon, 10/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #145 of 2,590 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Nashville, Tennessee!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We celebrated a birthday with family and friends and had a great experience. Reservations were easy to make, valet made parking simple, friendly and responsive staff and servers...and the best part - the steaks were delicious. We weren't rushed and had plenty of time between courses to talk and enjoy the evening. Our server, Tony, was top notch and took an extra effort to decant a bottle of wine we brought.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (344)

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Too me....the best steak anywhere. Perfectly cooked bone in rib eye in town, or any town for that matter. Simply perfection every bite. The 1000 island is old school good. Always a treat to find an excuse to eat here.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Ribeye was really good. Very tender & flavorful. Asparagus was small & chewy. Service was not very good.

Reviewed August 21, 2019

Our team chose this restaurant a few months back for our team meeting. I must say all the appetizers we had were very delicious and everyone enjoyed them. As for my main dish "The 16oz Ribeye" from the time they placed it before me, I had a bad feeling. The plate looked like they threw the steak down on it and it spattered all over the plate. I did eat the steak and it was okay but how they didn't even notice that the steak looked like it had exploded on the plate is beyond me. I know you are shooting for your food to be good but first, it must look good on the plate!

Date of visit: August 2019
RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing your comments. Our goal is for every part of your experience at Ruth's Chris to be excellent. We'd love the chance to make things right -- we ask that you please email your contact information, including a phone number, to us at comments@ruthschris.com. Thank you!

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I went there Saturday night for dinner after moving our daughter in to college. I looked online for a reservation and there were several so I didn’t bother to call. When we showed up they said the wait would be 40 minutes but we could sit at the bar. During our time there it was not that busy and several tables remained unoccupied. We ordered our meals and several appetizers. First, the stuffed mushrooms were cold and the mushrooms were not cooked. There was barely any crab in the stuffing either. The lobster bisque was very thin and not tasty. Then after a very long wait our steaks and sides came out. Our potatoes au gratin were ice cold and the Brussels sprouts were also cold and hard. We couldn’t even eat them. Mind you however my steak was so incredibly hot I couldn’t eat it for several minutes. My steak, a petite filet was just ok. I ordered it well done as usual (no comments) but it still was pink inside and several parts were not tender. Usually this chain has awesome steaks and sides but this meal was a bust! I was so looking forward to eating everything I ordered and I had to send most back. They did take the sides and mushrooms off our bill, but it was still over $200 for a mediocre meal. The people at the bar next to us sent back their desserts and we never got our bread. Don’t waste your money here and go somewhere else!!

Date of visit: August 2019
RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Thank you for your candid review. We hold ourselves to the highest brand standards for food quality and what you describe is not consistent with our standards. Please email us directly at comments@ruthschris.com with your contact information, including a phone number so we may speak with you further regarding this experience.