“Food, Service Good....drinks:EXPENSIVE”

Wed, 7/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #137 of 2,429 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Nashville, Tennessee!
Reviewed May 22, 2019

First, Norm, our waiter, was great...on the spot, but not rushing you or pushy!
Salads were very very good as was the filet; the baked potato was a little lacking,
but the price of average sized martinis, may keep us from going back. Ketel One
was $18! It adds too much to the price of an upper price range meal to pay so much for drinks.

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

My wife and granddaughter and I enjoyed a really great Mother’s Day lunch here yesterday. We started the meal off with an order of Calamari as an appetizer. It really was delicious. Maybe the best I’ve tasted anywhere. We followed that with a Lobster Bisque that was very good. We moved on to the main course Petit Filets and a Filet with Oscar Sauce and Lobster Tails. All three of the filets were cooked to perfection. Our sides were Au Gratin Potatoes, Shoestring Potatoes and Brazed Brussels Sprouts.

What made this experience so wonderful,besides the delicious food, was the really great serving team. Ray, Alex and Alondra were attentive to our every need. They made sure that the food was served and the table cleared promptly and that our drinks were always full.

The parking valet was also courteous and prompt.

If you are looking for something special in Nashville, I recommend Ruth’s Chris!

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We typically spilt dinner and this was no exception. We have appetizers, salad, filet and asparagus. Everything was great including they split the steak prior to serving - very nice presentation.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

We sat at the bar as we wanted Happy Hour deals. The drinks came out fast and furious. I think the bar tenders were not the happiest or friendliest of people. We ordered food. One came out in good time and it was good but, the other took awhile and we had to ask for it again. The bar is small and the place was crowded. When I got the bill, I'm not sure if the Happy hour drinks and food were even a great deal. I got a large bill for four people. Probably, some of the drinks were not in the Happy Hour price range but, I think the bartenders didn't care that we wanted these deals and wanted to charge us more. I had specifically asked for Happy Hour drinks. The crowd was loud and the acoustics in the building were bad so I couldn't hear the bartender and vice versa.
It was close to the Vanderbuilt, Loews Hotel and I always appreciate a Happy Hour for the cheaper prices. I guess you need to get there early to get a good spot. It fills up fast! Overall, it was a good place to gather with friends.

Date of visit: August 2018
RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We hold ourselves to the highest brand standards for food quality, atmosphere and service and based on your description, it seems you may have not caught us at our best. We do hope you'll consider giving us a second chance to make a great impression. Should you wish to discuss your concerns in greater detail, please reach out to us directly at comments@ruthschris.com with your contact information.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

I was here on a work trip and found the waiter to be very nice. I had the shrimp cocktail which was the best ever. The cowboy ribeye was also amazing. I love it all. A great place to eat.

Date of visit: March 2019