“Best Little Spaghetti House in Nashville”

Demos' Steak And Spaghetti House
Ranked #40 of 2,044 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Edisto Island, South Carolina
“Best Little Spaghetti House in Nashville”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The last night of our stay in Nashville, we wanted to go somewhere close to the Omni Hotel. I had done some research on the net and found "Demos Steak and Spaghetti House" up on Commerce. Now a little background on Demos' - Demos' began in 1943 when Jim Demos began working with his father Pete in their small family owned restaurant in Birmingham, Alabama. As a Greek immigrant family, the Demos’ knew the importance of offering exceptional food with authentic ingredients at quality prices. Jim and Doris moved to Murfreesboro, TN and started to dream of creating a new culinary concept. This unique concept includes Demos' Steak and Spaghetti House. Now a word of caution - if you don't like setting cheek to jowl with other customers you might not like this dining experience but that would be your loss. The food is good and the portions are more than adequate. My wife had the lasagna and I had the spaghetti. Very fresh and very filling. Lunch specials are served Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Weekly lunch specials are $4.99 and the daily lunch specials are $6.25.The dinner menu is a bit more extensive - appetizers, salads, stuffed potatoes, steaks, more pasta, seafood, chicken, sandwiches, burgers, kids menu, low calorie, pans to go, a la carte, and low carb. There is a full bar. Hours are

Sunday - Thursday 11:00 am to 11:00 pm

Friday- Saturday- 11:00 am to 11:00 pm

Now a word of caution - There is street parking and there is a parking garage right next door, but DO NOT OVERSTAY i.e. it cost me 15 bucks for an one additional minute or so.

• Visited August 2014

• Hebrew first
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Italian Style with Southern Flair”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Would recommend, Steak and Spaghetti was very good! Bread and Salad was fresh...the sweet liquid sugar for the tea was a staple item...Old style dinning. Experience!

1 Thank PaulyPauly2014
Detroit, Michigan
“worse food ever”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Our hotel tried to warn us that Demo's had gone downhill of late but based on past experience we decided to go anyway. What a huge mistake that was! After a 1 1/2 hour wait we got steak that was over cooked to the point of being so tough you couldn't eat it, spagetti that was cold and uncooked, salmon that was dried up and way too salty. Even the manager told us they've been having issues lately. We saw several tables complaining about their food. We spoke to another customer who said their food wasn't good either but "you get what you pay for", if that's true you're better off with the $2.00 hotdog from the cart!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank intheair48000
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Average food”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

After reading trip advisor reviews and a tour guide recommendation, we decided to try this. I had a cheese burger that came with what they call a side salad, it is basically chopped lettuce, my burger was not great, and my husband had a lasagne with the same salad again. The lasagne was supposed to be freshly made, but looked like it has just come out of the microwave, he regretted his choice, it was also quite a small portion for a main meal. All in all I would not recommend this restaurant. It was a disappointing experience.

Visited August 2014
“Good Food with Good Prices”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Went here while in downtown Nashville. It's not on that main strip which was OK with me. My husband and I both has a chicken dish which was really good. Staff was friendly. I had a salad also with ranch dressing that was the best ranch dressing I ever had at a restaurant. Would go back to try their pasta. The prices were reasonable as long as you don't order any alcohol.

1 Thank Jenny C