Tripadvisor

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic Edgefield
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Excellent food & ambiance. Ample portions made up of fresh ingredients. Creatively designed dishes. Good service.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Purplepix9
Write a reviewReviews (330)

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Concierge Matthew recommended this quaint little restaurant. It was delightful and delicious. Server Kristin took excellent care with good wine and entree recommendations. We had olives to share, local lettuce, pear and feta cheese salad, salmon with butternut squash and jalapeño jam pork belly with carrots, hazelnuts and greens. Everything was exquisite! We would want to return our next time in Nashville.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank mkripp
Reviewed December 9, 2019

The food and service is always pretty good here, yet if you really want to go somewhere they'll make your celebration special you might want to go elsewhere. We were happy to get a last minute res for our 20th anniversary on a Sat night, and the girl on the phone when I called knew that's why we were coming. So to only have this mentioned when we asked the server to take a pic, is somewhat surprising. I mentioned to the server that we were actually there in the past few weeks with a larger party for our sons wedding, and I know he was tipped well beyond the norm because my Dad is a big tipper. Perhaps it's just us, but knowing that and he still didn't make more of our Anniversary is somewhat disappointing. There are countless places out there that will, to help make it a special night but to also thank you for spending it with them. My wife had the tri tip steak, it was fine other than she ordered it medium and it was medium rare. It was cut into medallions so it's rather hard to send that back for more cooking. She made due like a trooper and wasn't so bad. I had the veal scallapini and it was pretty decent. We've been here about 3 times now and wouldn't neccessarily avoid going back. Unless it was to celebrate something, then I think we'll go somewhere that will make more of it than a passing comment.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Hassenfeffer
Reviewed December 6, 2019 via mobile

Margot’s reminded me of a quaint European cafe. It’s small and charming and you can actually have a conversation without yelling! The food was excellent as was the service. Nice wine and drink menu and a bar if you want to go in for a drink before dinner.

There were six of us and from beginning to end we were there for about two and a half hours. The menu changes daily and everything sounded wonderful. With six of us we all got to taste a variety on the menu from the starters, entrees and desserts. Wow! They were all delicious and so fresh. The housemade potato chips and aioli were my favorite starter, but they were all very good. Definitely get the bread too! The lettuce in the salad was so incredibly fresh and the goat cheese melted in your mouth. For my entree I had the pan roasted chicken and it was very flavorful and juicy, but the sauce stole the show. Could have had a bowl of the creamy horseradish sauce. Yummy! Of course dinner wouldn’t be complete without dessert. Nothing needs to be said here as they were all fantastic! I was slightly partial to the bread pudding though :)

There is a patio area that was heated and must be great during the summer time. Paid parking is available across the street or if you are lucky you might be able to find street parking. Word of caution, in the paid lot be careful of the time as the car next to us got the boot!

Overall fantastic experience and looking forward to the next visit to see what’s on the menu!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank 9kathyf
Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

We ate here 2 hours after our flight from London landed!!
Our East Nashvillian friends had booked for seven.
There's a danger of repeating myself, but this is one of our highlights of our annual Nashville visit.
All good. From the starters (hot salt cod dip) to the deserts.
My main was Monkfish. As good as it gets. My partner had the chicken, again really good. Washed down with a few French reds. Excellent.
Server good (Christa I think)
Absolutely recommended.