“Margot goes out of their way” 4 of 5 stars

Margot Cafe and Bar
Ranked #95 of 1,950 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Historic Edgefield
Taos, New Mexico
“Margot goes out of their way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I arrived late at Margot, it was close to closing time, but you never would have known. The bartender greeted me nicely, served me a nice glass of wine directly. I ordered a few items in time and never felt rushed. Though I cannot remember what I ate exactly, except a salad and some sliders, the food was delicious, but the service really stood out. The fact that they close at 9:30 or 10, and I arrived 15 minutes before closing ( I had gone to Marche originally, but they Were closed and had to literally run on foot down the street to get to Margot in time!) they treated me as they would Any customer, even arriving stressed.
The decor is impressive, high ceilings with wine bottles stacked to the hilt. I wish I had more time to visit this beautiful place. It's no wonder that Nashville loves Marche and Margot's, owned by the same restauranteur and chef. In the upcoming hipster East-side of Nashville, they are not Laisse -Faire or 'too good for you' when it comes to Service. In fact, I had been to Marche for lunch the day previous, it was Hot and I had a dog outside. They were so nice about a to-go order even though they were slammed, they put many businesses in this country to shame!
Nothing but the best to say on both incredible restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Patricia K

Nashville, Tennessee
“Delicious but a bit cramped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had brunch here a few months ago on a Sunday. A reservation is a MUST. We had to wait a bit for our table even though we were on time) so we sat at the bar which was crammed body to body (on a Sunday morning!). Granted this was in the winter, so no one really wanted to stand outside waiting in the cold, I guess. The interior is very cute and very small and as a result, quite loud but not offensively so. The food was absolutely delicious and I would definitely go back. I'd probably try to find a time of day though that was not as popular as i can imagine it would be even nicer here when less crowded.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“No Valet Parking?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Margot Cafe has been a well-respected and notable restaurant for many years, working its way up to Number 1 on some lists I've seen. I think a restaurant of this stature should offer valet parking, particularly since parking is a royal pain, and can be expensive. Several of the patrons were discussing this on the patio when we entered. Drink service was slow, but we were in no hurry, and our server was extremely nice. The appetizer was a mixture of okra, bacon and corn, which she recommended. It was cold, and she said it was supposed to be. Neither my friend nor I cared much for it, and the okra made a slim appearance, though it seemed highlighted in the description. Both our entrees were delicious; however, which made our night. I had a seafood boil, and all the fish items were fabulous: sweet and moist. She had the wild salmon with beans and crispy onions. All delicious.

• Visited July 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Farm to table hip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We loved the wonderful mix of shopping and galleries in this 5 Points neighborhood. The restaurant menu changes daily and is a nice combination of French, Southern and Italian. We started with the homemade potato chips and aioli. On to a delicious salad of greens, peaches, ricotta salata and pecans. Our entrees of fish and pasta were creative and very enjoyable. Service wasn't the best. We felt our waiter didn't have a good understanding of the offerings. This wouldn't stop us from returning, since the food was so good and creative. Ask for a table on the first floor if you have problems with stairs

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Voila!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Small, cozy, romantic, and just exceptional... Went with my wife on a wednesday night, i had the rabbit and she got the salmon... YES rabbit and it was the best dish ever. Last words... Just come taste and see it for yourself ... Its perfect.

1 Thank JUAN D