“Excellent atmosphere service and food.”

Margot Cafe and Bar
Ranked #176 of 2,032 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Historic Edgefield
“Excellent atmosphere service and food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Great date destination. Menu changes daily. For starters we had carrot soup and beet salad. For entree I had the salmon with spinach and mashed potatoes. My fiancé had flounder. Fresh bread and olive oil starter was great. Wine was deelish. Finished with pear crisp alamode. .

Greg was an excellent server. We're looking forward to trying brunch there.

• Visited February 2014

Kentucky
“LOVED it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went to visit Margot for the first time this past weekend. All I can say is "Wow!!" My husband is a really foodie and he absolutely loved it. The wait staff was wonderful and the vibe of the place is great. I had the elderflower cocktail and it was delicious. My husband had beef and he said it was outstanding. My cod was cooked to perfection. I thought the portions were perfect for dinner. We finished our meal with home made red hot ice cream (sounds terrible but it was GREAT) and a red velvet cake. A superb meal from beginning to end. Can't wait to return!

• Visited February 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, a little pretentious, and overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have been to Margot a couple times and it is good food. Plus you're in the heart of trendy East Nashville, so there's definitely a cool vibe going on. The food, because it's local ingredients, is a little on the expensive side, and you do not get as much food for the money. I understand gourmet food is that way but it still isn't a good value. Go for the vibe, put blinders on your wallet, and enjoy a once or twice a year outing.

• Visited October 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great food in Nashville, TN and Five Points”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I were in Nashville for only one day and consulted Trip Advisor on what may be a good choice. We saw that Margot Cafe and Bar had a new menu every day, and we like to try something different when we go out. We didn't have reservations but find on a Wednesday so it wasn't too difficult for them to seat us. But the restaurant was very crowed for a Wednesday.

The waiter was very good and knowledgeable and the wine list was a good one. He guided me to the Italian wines which were moderately priced by the glass. We shared a small pizza as a starter. I had the veal, and my wife had the goat cheese filled crepes. Everything was wonderful. We shared the pineapple bread pudding to finish off the evening which was great too. With 3 drinks, appetizer, 2 main courses and a dessert, we paid $120 including the tip. I didn't think the meal was overpriced as some suggested. When we are back to Nashville, we would go again!

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Fresh, good food in a quaint environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I arrived at 9:30pm after seeing a live show at the Ryman Auditorium on a Saturday night. We were worried they would close the kitchen soon and thus not seat us, but they sat us right away. The menu includes fresh local offerings and changes daily. I had a sweet potato risotto with Brussels sprout leaves, orange and chillies. It was unlike anything I had ever had and was delicious. We started with the olive oil with balsamic vinegar and Parmesan which was awesome. For dessert we split a chocolate nut tart. I didn't care for it: too much chocolate, the dough was tough, and the combo of flavor so was not my favorite. The caramel ice cream with it was yummy.

The wait staff was not the most attentive, but I wasn't longing for anything either. The decor of the restaurant was intimate and nicely furnished.

Visited January 2014