“Good, not great, and pricey”

Margot Cafe and Bar
Ranked #202 of 2,129 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic Edgefield
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Be sure to make a reservation.
$16 for a big serving of summer squash casserole? Not really worth it.
However, the trout was good, the watermelon soup was good and the peanut ice cream was delicious.
We had excellent service and our waitress even called a cab and recommended a great place to go downtown for music.
We were there on a very hot night and we made the mistake of sitting upstairs where the view was great but it was so HOT! We were sweating the entire meal.
Nice wine and beer selection. But the meal was kind of pricey and nothing was incredibly delicious ... except the peanut ice cream.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

A highlight of our trip to Nashville. Each day's menu is subject to change depending on what is then fresh locally. Our entire meal and the accompanying service was flawless. While this was our first visit to Margot Cafe (although we had had brunch earlier in the day at the nearby affiliated Marche restaurant) Chef Margot McCormack has seemed to have mastered the challenge of producing consistently outstanding, fresh and innovative meals. While others may consider the meals pricey, I didn't at all as for me, the value of the food and experience was there.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to Margot's Cafe after attending the Tomato Festival. Everything was crowded, but Margot's had no wait so we said why not. The service was great and the food was good. The menu is limited and in my opinion overpriced.

Just my opinion and certainly nothing negative to say, but I would not go back.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We took our daughter and son-in-law out for what we hoped would be some great wine and fine dining and we were not disappointed with Margots. Intimate setting - only a few tables, wonderful Italian fare and a good wine list. Fresh bread with a wonderful dipping oil for starters, this meal was good from beginning to end. Great service too. I recommend Margots if you want something special and don't mind paying a little more.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went to Margot based on a recommendation from a friend, and it was well worth the trip. Their cocktail menu is varied and delightful. While they have an extensive bottled wine list, their choice of wines by the glass was excellent as well and our server seemed very knowledgeable (steered me away from a wine that would have been too sweet with my dinner). My husband and I had choices from all three courses, and all the food was excellent. The cheese plate was wonderful and had great flavor. My salmon salad was crunchy and tasted great. And I had a vegetarian zucchini/ricotta casserole (even though I'm not vegetarian) that was grilled perfectly and had a lot of flavor. The atmosphere was pleasant, and our server was polite and attentive. I would definitely go back.