“I Can't Believe I Hadn't Been Here Before” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midtown Cafe

Midtown Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 2,028 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For 29+ years, a top ranked locally and nationally casual fine dining destination just off West End, that offers iconic breakfast, lunch and dinner signature dishes, Contemporary American cuisine with a Southern flair and the finest local and seafood / beef / veal ingredients. Superlative service is by a veteran hospitality staff of professionals. Midtown Cafe offers free shuttle service from downtown hotels and to local performance venues including Bridgestone, Ryman, Schemerhorn, TPAC after dinner with phone reservations. A fantastic wine list includes 40+ glass selections and 150 bottles, and a multi-course "Tasting Menu" that changes nightly and is available a la carte. Breakfast weekdays starting at 7am has been added and served through lunch until 2:30pm M - F. Dinner at 4:30pm M - Sat.
NW, Ohio
“I Can't Believe I Hadn't Been Here Before”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was in Nashville for an alumni event and made reservations at the Midtown Cafe for a Friday Night. While the restaurant is fairly intimate, it doesn't feel cramped or crowded. I also found the service to be quite good. Our waiter, whose name I can't remember, was attentive, but not overly so. He was genuinely friendly, rather than the "I'm being nice to you because it's my job" sort of way that can be the case with servers. I had the shrimp and grits for my entree and was not disappointed. The grits were ground in-house and made with smoked gouda. The shrimp were large and generous in number. For dessert, we had the house-made gelato...definitely worth saving room for.

I'll definitely return when I'm back in Nashville. One more thing...the biscuits that they bring out to the table are phenomenal.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank adznr

Franklin, Tennessee
“Tasty dinner and a ride to the show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We LOVE the Midtown Cafe. Their food is always excellent. I love their fish, their homemade soups, pasta dishes, Filet Mignon and salads. They never disappoint! We also enjoy their shuttle service to the symphony or TPAC...a nice added treat the night of a show.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank lbayo
Franklin, Tennessee
“Such good food that we keep going back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We liked this so much the first time we went 2 years ago that we just keep going back. It's one of our favorite places in town.

Visited May 2012
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“This place should be on top of your list.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great "business casual" kind of place. The food was great with their own original twist to it. I had a steak sandwich and my friends had the"Best Club Sandwich". Our waiter was great.

• Visited October 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found this place just OK. I can't help but feel they're coasting on their reputation, and maybe at one time they were as good as people seem to think. Reviews raved about the crab cakes. I had those and found them tasteless and soggy, couldn't even finish them. The shrimp and grits appetizer on the other hand was great. The service was also very good. My overall impression, way overpriced for what you get.

• Visited October 2012