“This place should be on top of your list.”
Review of Midtown Cafe

Midtown Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 2,044 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For 29+ years, a top ranked locally and nationally casual fine dining destination just off West End, that offers iconic breakfast, lunch and dinner signature dishes, Contemporary American cuisine with a Southern flair and the finest local and seafood / beef / veal ingredients. Superlative service is by a veteran hospitality staff of professionals. Midtown Cafe offers free shuttle service from downtown hotels and to local performance venues including Bridgestone, Ryman, Schemerhorn, TPAC after dinner with phone reservations. A fantastic wine list includes 40+ glass selections and 150 bottles, and a multi-course "Tasting Menu" that changes nightly and is available a la carte. Breakfast weekdays starting at 7am has been added and served through lunch until 2:30pm M - F. Dinner at 4:30pm M - Sat.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“This place should be on top of your list.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great "business casual" kind of place. The food was great with their own original twist to it. I had a steak sandwich and my friends had the"Best Club Sandwich". Our waiter was great.

• Visited October 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Meh”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found this place just OK. I can't help but feel they're coasting on their reputation, and maybe at one time they were as good as people seem to think. Reviews raved about the crab cakes. I had those and found them tasteless and soggy, couldn't even finish them. The shrimp and grits appetizer on the other hand was great. The service was also very good. My overall impression, way overpriced for what you get.

• Visited October 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Doesn't Quite Deliver”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The atmosphere was great, and the menu impressive. Our waiter was outstanding. Unfortunately, my fish was just mediocre--too much grease. The bill for wine and two dinners (my husband had the pork tenderloin) was over $100--too much for food that's not really great.

Paris, Texas
“Fine food, cramped space”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a lovely server who made this experience more enjoyable than it might have been. The place is small (cramped, to be exact), and the food is a solid B. Ok, but you can do lots better in the neighborhood.

Metro Manila, Philippines
“Good”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I read a few reviews about this place so we decided to give it a try. We went for lunch and it was pretty crowded and due to a lack of light, the place felt a bit dingy. I realize they're going for a romantic atmosphere but it didn't do much for me.
The food was just OK. We had a salmon (without the butter sauce- healthy and yummy) and a soup of the day, which was not to ,y taste. I wouldn't go back there, even though I don't have a big objection. It simply didn't impress me much.