“Great Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Noshville - CLOSED

Noshville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just like having a New York Deli in Nashville. Food is excellent, service is friendly and helpful, and breakfast is served the whole time it is open. Not a fancy place just a good food place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Can't imagine how you could improve this diner experience! Oh yeah best corned beef hash ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Corned beef hash was quite possibly the best I have ever tried after 20 or so samplings through the South and East Coast. It was definitely made from scratch and had all the right flavors. We were there on a Saturday morning , as a table of 5, with 3 kids. We had to wait 15ish minutes, no big deal. Waitress was on it with service! Everything we ordered for breakfast exceeded our expectations for this diner. Kids eat pancakes for free on Saturday mornings too!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
On the road again
“Overpriced fake NY deli with stale bread, small portions, high prices.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well they made a sucker out of me and I know better. Went to this deli today with a friend and business colleague. We are both in the music biz I come from Philly-NY, my associate is NY and Cleveland so we know a good deli.

Ugh what we got for Corned Beef on Rye was 2 -3 ounces of meat and stale rye bread. I told the waiter the bread is stale, he said sorry and that was it. So 2 sandwiches with ice tea and a Soda with a tip was $50.

This must be a joke but it was not. Never again will I go there!

This place thrives on tourists and people don't know a real deli is not like that.

Better name PretenderDeli!

2 Thank DoctorVonCueBall
Bonita Springs, FL
“Breakfast in Nashville”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

In Nashville with another couple for a ballgame and was looking for a good place for breakfast Noshville popped up on our internet search (discouraged by the tales of long lines at Pancake Pantry). We visited the Noshville location on Broadway.

Having worked in New York I can say that Noshville falls a bit short of the full New York Deli experience, but there were many positives. Our server (Joshua R?) was excellent. The menu was extensive, however, no English muffins. Pricing was better than New York (duh), but I thought slightly pricey for Nashville. The food was good overall (I had the corn beef hash); however, my wife asked for her toast to be "lightly toasted." It came burnt - this is one of the problems with having someone other than your server deliver the food, as I suspect our server would have known we had not ordered burnt toast (who does?), plus she was sweating over the tray).

Joshua handled the burnt toast issue as well as I have ever seen. Unlike most servers, he did not act put out, did not offer any excuses, did not act defensive. He simply said, "Looks like they burnt your toast. Let me get you some more." And, 2 minutes later, we had lightly toasted toast!

Having said all of that - we would go back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JMSFL
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Not Your Father's Deli, But Probably The Best Around Town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Okay, I admit it. I'm a deli snob. But why not? I'm originally from New York City and grew up with the likes of Katz's, Wolf's, The Stage, The Carnegie, 2nd Avenue and others too numerous to mention. And when I was an undergraduate in college, my room mate's grandfather was none other than Schmulka Bernstein! Ah, those were the days and those were the real delis, where the cutters were covered in savory grease from the big chunks of meat forked out of the steam tables. (Read David Sax's book "Save the Deli" for more on this subject.) So, when we were in Nashville, and staying at the Hampton Inn on West End, I just had to visit Noshville, just a stroll around the block on Broadway, very close to Vanderbilt. Sometime there's a long wait, so watch your timing. I went there twice, the first time just for a bowl of matzo ball and noodle soup. I had the big bowl, overflowing with two balls even hotter than the soup, and just the right texture, not too soft and not two hard. Perfect! With a few saltines to soak up the savory chicken broth, I got stuffed and happy. Thanks to my terrific server, Lisa. I went back a day later for another signature dish, a corned beef and pastrami on rye, with a side of fries, some cole slaw and a bowl of pickles, plus, to drink, what else but a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray? What? No Cel-Ray? What a disappointment, so I had to settle for a Dr. Brown's Cream Soda. Okay, this is Nashville and maybe no one likes drinking green soda that tastes vaguely like celery. So, the bowl of pickles was okay, not garlicky perfect, but okay. The french fries were great, just like I remember at Wolf's on 57th Street. The cole slaw was good, too. But the sandwich, well, for me it was too dry and too tough, the meat not reflecting having been lounging around in a steam table for hours and hours, hot and moist, juices soaking into the rye bread. No, it wasn't that at all. Gee, when I make such a sandwich at home, with meat that I pick up at Publix, I find that even 15 seconds in a microwave (may Gottlieb forgive me) warms it up and wets it up enough to simulate a good sandwich. Even with plenty of mustard (not Gulden's, unfortunately), the sandwich was still pretty dry. But overall, the place was okay and very convenient, the people were terrific, the soup was souper and even a dry corned beef and pastrami on rye is better than none at all. Next time, and I will be back, I'll bring my own Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.