“True Nashville”

Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you just want to clamor in, eat great deli food and catch up with friends - this is the place. Crowd pleasing and no fuss breakfast and lunch with amazing red velvet cake and, my favorite, matzo ball soup.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the fresh Cobb salad this is a salad you can get excited about yum! My boyfriend was very happy with the pastrami sandwich. Great twist on the classic ny deli.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a real deli and I especially enjoy the Ruben and fries. The service is good and food freshly prepared. Give it a try you will be gad you did.

1  Thank TWB2006SSR
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Not only is the food and service great, but you get a feel of the city here. Always busy and very friendly folks all around. There's a good chance, ( depending on what time of day you're there ) you'll see music biz people having brunch. Always try to stop in for a bite when I'm downtown.

1  Thank kirby d
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am no stranger to awesome Jewish del'is so my review may be more critical than someone who didn't eat at one nearly weekly while growing up. The place itself looked like a traditional NY style deli. The front counter lacked some in appearance but I am here for a sandwich, not to admire the counter. I ordered a corned beef sandwich on rye. It was okay. I am used to getting hot corned beef sandwiches and this was room temperature. It wasn't just taken out of the fridge but it also wasn't hot and dripping with delicious hot juices as I am used to. Unfortunately that puts a damper on how much I am going to love this sandwich. The sandwich was huge, as they usually are in deli's. The price matched the sandwich, and while some may think this is pricey (it is a bit), this is pretty typical for an establishment like this. I do wish I had the option of getting a smaller or half sandwich because I couldn't even eat half of it and since I was staying in a hotel I couldn't really bring back any leftovers (I actually could have but at the time I ate here I didn't know I had a fridge in our hotel room). My husband got matzo ball soup and half of a chicken salad sandwich. He thought both were okay, nothing spectacular. He said several times throughout the meal that my soup is better. I tasted the soup and thought the matzo ball was really good and flavorful. The soup itself was okay. It was served with a lot of noodles, I liked it but am not used to seeing that many noodles in matzo ball soup. They served a bowl of Jewish dill pickles with the meals as well and I am used to this and loved it! Just like my favorite deli's! Noshville also serves Boylan's sodas which are awesome (real cane sugar, not corn syrup!). Our service was good, the server was friendly and attentive. If you are craving this type of food my guess is this IS what Nashville has to offer. It will do in that situation but overall nothing special.

1  Thank abct77