“Very Average”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We go here once or twice a year. Food is very average but price is ok. This place has been in Nashville a long time but there are better choices for sushi. Battered and Fried has the best sushi in Nashville. The food here came out less than 10 mins after ordering so I wonder if it is pre-made. If you are staying downtown then check it out but I wouldn't make a special trip into town.

There are newer reviews for Koto Sushi Bar

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've been a big fan of sushi for a long time and this place reminds me of sushi places before most knew what they were. Nice presentation, excellent fish, good service.

1  Thank yowally
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I don't live in downtown Nashville, so I've been to MANY sushi places in the suburbs. I went to Koto with some friends before going to a show at the TPAC. It was pretty good, but nothing that I couldn't get somewhere else. The service that we had was awful, the waitress seemed more annoyed to help us than anything, and we weren't being difficult customers. She forgot to give me a straw with my water, and I wasn't able to catch her attention until she came back with our FOOD. Very frustrating. If you're downtown, then it's your best option. But if you're willing to venture out to the suburbs, you'll find better service.

Reviewed January 9, 2010

Koto is the best-priced, best sushi in town. Rolls are the largest and most fresh. Their crunchy shrimp rolls are THE absolute best. Big hunks of shrimp and not that minced-up/sprinking of tempura that you get with other restaurants. Service is always pro, too. I kinda miss their old location because the booths were a little roomier, but the new location still has a lovely ambiance.

1  Thank Millie317
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I must confess that I haven't eaten at Koto since they moved, but assuming the food's the same as it was at their old place, I can recommend the place fully. Great Japanese food at great prices. One of my favorites when visiting Nashville each year.

1  Thank Johnb8