“Gourmet and Locally Sourced”
Review of Capitol Grille

Capitol Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capitol Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 2,084 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: Union
Description: Since opening our doors in 1910, Capitol Grille has been one of the most beloved places in Nashville. As the oldest and longest-running Southern restaurant in the state, Capitol Grille is a last remaining example of what true Southern simplicity should taste like.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel/restaurant owns its own farm only four miles from downtown Nashville. It seems like the wait staff works on the farm as well because often, when I comment on the freshness and quality of the produce, they seem to have first-hand knowledge of the current crop. Servers are very knowledgeable regarding the preparation of dishes (on this visit I ordered the duck breast and the server explained that it was cooked in the sous vide and the cold smoked - and it was spectacular) and are always happy to make recommendations and help me navigate the menu with regards to my gluten allergy. I would seriously travel to Nashville just to eat at this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Capitol Grille

Reviewed January 26, 2014

When making reservations a few weeks before, I informed them we would be celebrating my daughter's birthday. Fresh rose petals were scattered atop our table. Food was excellent and perfect for a special occasion. Tip: Dinner for two without wine or liquor was $90-not including gratuity.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I used to be in the restaurant business for 4 years, traveled the world, and have been fortunate enough to enjoy nice meals everywhere I go. The Capitol Grille hands down has been one of my favorite restaurants I've ever dined at. The service was impeccable, the wine list was fantastic, and to top it off the food was absolutely amazing. To elaborate on this:
The Service was some of the best I've ever had. I never had to worry about my glass being empty, they were spot on with the timing of the food, and they did not interrupt conversation once.
The food was "to die for." The steaks were cooked absolutely perfect and the rest of the meal was well more than I expected! Fantastic place for a nice, quite, and intimate setting. Will return next time I'm back in town.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

4 couples celebrating the departure of a business partner to another job decided to dine at this restaurant. Our waiter was superb but the food was way, way off the mark. I could list the wide range of what we tried but everything was poor given the high marks on this site. There are far, far better places to eat in Nashville. Do not waste your time and money here.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Everything about our experience at the Capitol Grill was great with the exception of our kids falling asleep midway through our meal. The staff at the restaurant in concert with the hotel were great and really made sure we had a great time.