“Great eats!”

Ranked #123 of 2,098 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: 'Best Cheeseburger in Tennessee!' Food Network Magazine 2009.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but it had great hamburgers and was very reasonably priced! Get the French bread burger - it is the best!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

First went to Rotier's in the mid 60s. In the last ten years I have managed numerous stops there for lunch. Their cheeseburger on French bread is a standard item for me to order. Until lately, I went primarily for their excellent onion rings. After year's of them being great, they went to an in-house batter recipe. Two times ago, it was about average. The last time, the rings were so "doughy" I didn't finish them. Will be a while before I stop there again. The staff and owner are always friendly.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We walked here from our hotel which was about a block away, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We needed a late supper after a long day of touring Nashville. Even though it was around 8:30, we still had to wait briefly for a table, which told us the food must be good. The decor was not impressive, but that was ok because the food was good! We had basic burgers and fries (regular and sweet potato). I would go again, if we find ourselves back in the area.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The staff know almost everyone who walk through the door. Most of the patrons are ancient, which is a tribute to the food! Just an excellent burger on of all things, a french roll. They make you feel very welcome even as a tourist, but the food is good and inexpesive and local. Good health inspection score but not spotless.... old and... rustic... I'd go back again for the food! And beer!

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I had the classic burger with fries. It came on toasted french bread and it was definitely homemade. I had a chocolate shake which was decent. My friend had a soda. I was surprised to see that they brought out bottled soda and that they did not have fountain style soda with free refills. Food was served on styrofoam plates. Overall a great experience.