“MotherTrucker56 "This place is a disaster."”

Magnuson Hotel Downtown North Nashville
Ranked #137 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Pontotoc, Mississippi
“MotherTrucker56 "This place is a disaster."”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband is a truck driver and the family went to spend some time with him during his orientation on this new job. This place is nothing like it says. Wi-Fi never worked consistently. Clerk was rude. There was a sexual conversation going on behind her when we came back to get assistance and it continued in front of my 11 year old daughter. You have to take your towels to the service desk and they count them before you can get clean ones. The room wasn't clean when we arrived and when my elderly father told housekeeping the woman was really nasty to him. There was no microwave in the room when I arrived so we ate out. On the second day of our stay we got another room. Then they charged my mother's credit card for the missing microwave while we were still in their motel !! When we challenged the charge they told me it was policy and they couldn't do anything about it. Even though there were conflicting stories by housekeeping personnel as to the room being clean and if there was a microwave in the room - management couldn't look at their surveillance tapes before I left to clear up the matter. We are still trying to get this settled.

Room Tip: Read all the reviews before you choose.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank MotherTrucker56

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saint Johns, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My son had to stay there for orientation and when we got there from our drive from Michigan, he wasn't even in the computer for a room. After standing there for over 20 minutes with no help, he finally got us a room. The room was not very clean at all. Th drapes that covered the patio door had stains all along the bottom of them, the bed ruffles had stains on them that looked like the room flooded. There was a huge spot on the ceiling that had been patched and was VERY noticeable. The bathroom was not very clean. We were in a room right next to the express way and could hear cars and big trucks all night long. You can not smoke in the rooms so there were people outside all hours of the night, and there was a hand written sign(that I didn't see) that stated if you got caught smoking on the patio, you got a 125.00 fine. We got up at 5:30 and got the heck out of there. I will NEVER stay at one of their hotels again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Julainne C

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We checked in late at night, around 11pm. At first the service desk was a little rude, but she soon changed when we started joking with her. The room itself was not dirty at all, it wasnt the best ever but it was a bed. They were comfy enough,. we only slept for 3 hours that night so maybe we didnt experience the full effect.
The shower did leak into the room but sometimes ya just put up with things. There were alot of stragglers out the front even at 4am when we returned, but they never bothered us.
its not the best hotel in nashville but i presume its more for the truckie or traveler.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CaptainTex80
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

If I had read Trip Advisor I would never have experienced the same train wreck that the other reviewers wrote about
They forgot to mention that they were under renovation- it appears since 2011 according to other review sites.
They should have been more honest and revealed that the carpet was ripped and filthy in the hallways. The wall paper was coming off.
I had to stand on a chair to try and re-attach the drapes that were covering a patio door that could not be locked securely.
The luggage cart was barely able to hold together.
There was no dresser or night tables- suitcases had to sit on the floor.
DO NOT take your shoes off in the room. It appears no one else has. When getting into the shower you will notice that your feet are black.
I don't mean dirty- I mean disturbingly black.
The guest laundry room is filthy- your dirty clothes are probably cleaner.
The internet would not connect on the second night and the night manager really did not care.
The continental breakfast was a joke- a waffle iron that was not in use.
A microwave that had a warning sign about not microwaving eggs- but the irony was there were no eggs? The coffee cups had no lids so you would not try to take coffee away.
Curiously no women in the hotel? Just a weird homeless women following you around when you went outside to the convenience store.
There were a lot of scary looking guys wandering around in the hallways .
And yes, there were 15+ guys standing in the parking lot at 7:00 am smoking and trying to get an internet signal on their phones.
The breakfast lady was nice although it was uncomfortable that she stood around to see what you were eating (toast).
The photos of the hotel rooms on the internet are NOT from this establishment (maybe Google images)
Yes ,the front desk was always rude and would not even volunteer to help find a luggage cart to leave this hell hole.
I rated this dump as a #1 because that was the lowest rating available on this service.
Sleep in your car or pay an extra $20 to get a room from a company that is actually in the "hospitality business"
The last thing I wanted to mention is that this "Magnuson Hotel" does not appear on the franchise website?
No surprise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 506Russ
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 5 years when it was the Quality Inn and never had an problems. This year Internet would not work, pool was locked and truckers hanging outside of the doors all hours. Even though these guys had smoking rooms hotel would not let them smoke and they had to go outside. Hotel also did not want them to use pool so it was locked to all!!! I spoke to the manager Dee and she told me if I was not happy I was welcome to check out!!!!! Very unprofessional in my opinion! No dresser in my room or even a luggage rack to put suitcase on. Spent 7 nights in hell at this hotel because all hotel in the area were booked! Also one day maid did not even make up the room. Just took dirty towels and never replaced them!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank pghfan05
Fayetteville
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel was booked by a hotel booking service and prepaid. Check-in was late and no refund possible. The hotel was so dirty we couldn't stay in it. We had to go to another hotel and pay last minute walk-in rates. The receptionist was rude and annoyed at having her personal phone call interupted by a customer. The hotel had the nerve to charge a $10.00 damage deposit! The parking lot appeared unsafe with seedy looking characters hanging around. The neighborhood was bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Richard C
Metro New Orleans
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is in a slummy part of town. I have stayed at value hotels before that are not this awful. For one, there are no female guests. They were all males, traveling alone, that seemed really shady and looked like bums. I was seriously concerned for my safety so my husband and I checked out a day early and got the hell out of there. Not to mention that our car got damaged in the parking lot. The rooms are disgusting, the place smells, and it's just not the type of place I would ever recommend to anyone. Stay away, trust me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple