“Yes, Mom, I can eat with my hands.”

Mesob Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #1,079 of 2,044 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Cheatham County, TN
“Yes, Mom, I can eat with my hands.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Mesob is dark from the outside, but the moment one opens the door it is clear that this will be no ordinary, dull dining event. Most of the tables, again, were unoccupied, each was dressed with a white tablecloth and convincing artificial long stem rose in a vase. Several groups, all men, dined at other tables in the quiet room. We had fragrant, spicy hot tea, a platter of chef's choice of meat, served with several round, rolled and crustless breads having the consistency of towels, The numerous meat concoctions were flavored with sauces and assortments of spices that I was not consistently able to identify, though all were delicious. One member of our party had a stew of meat chunks and a creamy, flavorful sauce with pureed vegetables. The tv sets (sports, of course) were at a low volume, and the music in the background was a blend of hypnotic rhythm and imaginative vocal and instrumental contrapuntal melody. Don't miss this experience.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank poetsspouse

Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Ethiopian in Nashville”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went to mesob for dinner. The food was excellent. Service may need some touch up, but the food blew my mind away.

• Visited November 2012