“Great Coffee!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Lenexa
“Great Coffee!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Probably the coolest looking coffee shop I've ever been too. Had some amazing looking pastries that I wish I would've tried. Sold lots of different fancy kinds of chocolate too. Wooden cash register and menu that I liked. Only bad thing was after we put our orders in for 2 to go coffees they said they would be out in a few min and it took them 30 min till our coffees were ready! I know they were slightly busy but we were in a hurry and almost had to cancel our orders because of a tour we needed to get to. Didn't think it would take so long! The Tennessee Whiskey salted caramel latte did turn out to be delicious so am still glad we decided to check this place out.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“One of the Coolest Spots in Nasvhille”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Fantastic quality! Barista Parlor puts a lot of effort into the craft of making coffee, and it shows in the product. Also, their biscuit sandwiches are to die for-- best I've had anywhere.

My only complaint: the garage doors are a nice option to let in natural light, but the employees are a bit too eager to throw them open, even when it's too cold outside, which seriously affects the customer experience.

• Visited March 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Pretentious menu and crowd - amazing coffee and food”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Barista Parlor has some of the most incredible biscuits ever! Though my coffee didn't arrive till after my biscuit (drip coffee takes time), it was one of the best cups of coffee! I usually add milk or cream to mine, but the flavor of the coffee was so great I preferred drinking it black. I thought the menu was a little pretentious and difficult to read but if you can manage your way through it, it's worth it in the end!

• Visited November 2013
Covington, Louisiana
“Super Cool Atmosphere with Superb Coffee made by true Baristas”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This old car garage is full of cool things - old motorcycles, old records (the music playing throughout ) but the center of this place is the Barista Stations . Seating is at narrow tables with wooden stools around the Barista Station. This is great to watch them meticulously craft each coffee but not so great to converse with your party. There are tables with seating all around but those were full when we arrived (10:30 on a Sunday with a very short line). While in line you can pick up a number of specialty chocolates and caramels from around the world as well as baked goods. There is ONE framed menu once you get up to the order station. I didn't even look at the menu as I'd read enough reviews to know I wanted to try the Caramel Latte. My friend had the Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Latte and we both had their egg and cheese biscuits, which were huge and delicious. The lattes were not just beautiful but fabulous!!! We didn't mind the wait for our handcrafted Lattes because we enjoyed watching the Baristas in action. They are adorable hipster guys in leather aprons and cute hats. I'd read a few people talk about this place being snobbish and making some patrons feel uncomfortable. We were a group of 50 year old women and did not for one second feel out of place or treated in any way like we didn't belong there. The Baristas were actually quite nice and helpful. They prefer to serve their coffee in mugs so don't ask for a go cup and the coffee station has Sugar in the Raw and whole milk (or maybe half and half) only- no other options. Before leaving I asked a Barista about their iced coffees which he explained were cold pressed and brewed for 8 hours - being the strongest most caffeinated drink they served. I had an 8 hour drive back to NOLA so got one to go and it WAS strong but superb coffee flavor. Some people may think this place is only for coffee snobs and hipsters but I think it's a great place with superb coffee made by and served by true coffee perfectionists.
ALSO - this is the ONLY place besides Portland, NY, Seattle and LA to brew and serve STUMPTOWN coffee. I think my large latte was $6 and my iced coffee was $4

• Visited December 2013
Tennessee
“Loved this gem!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We found this place while staying in Nashville for a conference and fell in love! The atmosphere is so lovely, the people are friendly, and the food is amazing. I'm recommending it everyone I know!

• Visited November 2013