“Not bad, but not special”
Review of Slow and Low BBQ Bistro - CLOSED

Slow and Low BBQ Bistro
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Have been trying different bbq joints in Nashville since our favorite place for pulled pork and ribs (Calhoun's) closed last year. Most places just don't come close. We ordered the ribs, pork sandwich and brisket. The ribs were pretty tasty, fall off the bone, but very fatty. The pork was pretty good. The brisket too dry and not terribly flavorful. The beans were ok, the mac & cheese too runny. Might return for a pork sandwich & to try some other sides, but still looking for ribs as meaty, lean & tasty as Calhoun's. Service was friendly and good. Atmosphere fine.
Would have liked a sweet bbq sauce to have in addition to their hot, mild and Carolina Vinegar (very vinegar-y). We know people's taste in bbq vary greatly, so try it for yourself. They're nice folks

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visited Slow & Low BBQ Bistro toward the end of March. I took a group of college students their on our way through Nashville. I thought that the staff at the restaurant were very friendly, they went above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed. The food was above average but less than very good. The atmosphere was what made this reach the point of very good. The place was full of great decor, flat screen tvs and some technologically advanced stuff. In fact they had some TripAdvisor stickers up; I was surprised that there hasn't been more posting on the place. My least favorite things about this place were 1) the bbq sauce was decent at best 2) THE PRICE!!! way overpriced.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had lunch yesterday. I arrived thinking I was going to eat at Stone House Q. Nope, they went under. Instead I found Low and Slow.

It could have been better, I think that they will improve as they get used to the new site. They really should have gotten better prepared to open. I will go back in a month.