“Worth the wait”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is the best fried chicken I've eaten in ages. There's always a line, but that should not deter you. You will understand once you've gotten your meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,059)

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My favorite Nashville restaurant. Consistently spicy and delicious. Be careful to not over do the heat. Addictive. You will want to come back. I would love to be able to buy the spicy seasoning.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Chicken wings. Chicken tenders. Chicken plates. Chicken platters. If you don't want chicken, don't go here. Great crispy fried chicken. This was out of the way for us but there is no better place to go for dinner at 10:00 pm. There was a line to order at the counter. It doesn't move quickly but it's worth the wait.

You place your order, get your drink, then find a seat at one of the picnic tables. Chances are you'll share your table with others as the seating is limited. We were convinced they were plucking the chickens in the back since we waited so long. Our order was delivered and it was worth the wait. I ordered a 'medium hot' small plate that included mac n cheese and Cole slaw. Sooo good. My friend ordered his chicken 'hot' and nearly burned his mouth off. If you're burning then you can't taste a flavor. Get the medium.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Authentic southern fried chicken with great sides! don't miss the pimento mac and cheese. Wait time was 45 minutes from order to delivery, but well worth the wait. Go there to eat, not hang out.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I hadn't planned to go here at all, but I was on my way back to the house I was staying at and it was late, so there wasn't a lot left open. I almost left when I saw the line out the door but figured I didn't have anywhere to be and I wanted to try some local food.

I'm glad I went, because it was yummy. The girls in front of me were kind enough to tell me what the heck I was ordering--they have varying levels of "hot", so I wasn't sure what to expect. I ended up getting the medium and it was very good. I know now that I could have gone up a level to hot.

The sides were really good. I had the baked beans and black eyed pea salad. The salad had a dressing kind of similar to three bean salad. I'm looking for a recipe for the black eyed pea dish so I can make it myself. I also had the banana pudding as a dessert.

There was a lot of food, and I didn't finish it all. But it was all delicious, and if I could have gotten into the place on my way to the airport I would have. Next time I'll plan better and give myself a little extra time.

Parking is very limited, at least at this location. There is a parking lot to the left of the building but I don't trust that I wouldn't get a ticket, as I couldn't find anything that gave specific hours. The cupcake shop next door happened to be closed, though, and one of the employees was sweeping outside and when I asked if I'd be towed if I parked in their lot she said it was okay since it was after hours.