“HOT chicken”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed May 15, 2013

this place has HOT spice chicken, I ordered the med. and It was HOT, recommended ordering the mild unless you like heat. Chicken was service fresh out of the cooker, also a good selection of local craft beer.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,879)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm giving this restaurant a 5 for lots of reasons, but I will never go back.

Never been to Nashville before, and didn't know that firey hot chicken is a local specialty. Hotel staff recommended it, and since I like spicy foods, I thought we would give it a try. Based on reviews I saw here, I ordered the medium hot. . . because in my family I am the guy who likes to spice things up. My son ordered mild because he doesn't like things peppery hot.

We both finished out chicken, but we wished we hadn't. My son called it an "endurance challenge." I had the pimento cheese macaroni and black-eyed pea salad for sides, but cannot tell you how they tased because I could taste NOTHING. I rinsed my mouth with sugar to kill the heat (nice trick that really works) but my lips and nose continued to burn for an hour.

So - why did I give it a 5? The staff were wonderfully friendly, the atmosphere was local and great. The line of people waiting to eat here says a lot for the quality of the food and service. It's not their fault that I had no idea that "hot chicken" meant REALLY hot chicken.

Two of us ate for $26 - including serve-yourself-infinite drink refills. For which I was infinitely grateful.

1  Thank Michial
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a big chicken eater, except when it comes to Southern fried chicken, which doesn't taste the same in the north. Big portions, perfectly cooked, good seasoning. The best part of the meal was the homemade banana pudding - delicious. I did takeout, but dining is very casual with outside picnic tables on deck and some inside tables. They also had a few local microbrews on tap.

1  Thank FlatlanderCT
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hattie B's was right by the hotel my husband and I stayed at. We stopped here late on a Saturday night - 11:15. They are open until midnight on the weekends which is great. My husband and I needed some food but not a lot so we split a 4 piece tenders meal, which comes with two sides and bread. I also got lemonade which was served cold without ice so it wasn't watered down - it was delicious and perfect with my chicken tenders. We got two tenders in the mild seasoning (for my husband) and two in the medium (for me). We also got fries and black eyed peas salad. My husband can't take much spice and he was unable to eat his chicken unfortunately. I can take spice and mine was awesome! We got it to go and it was still piping hot and crispy by the time I ate it. The black eyed peas were a bit too vinegary for my tastes but I have never had that before so I don't know how it is supposed to taste.

I wish we had eaten there because it was nothing like anything we have in Columbus, Ohio! It has picnic tables on an enclosed porch outside. Next time!

My husband felt it took a bit long to make, but after I reminded him this wasn't fast food chicken where they grab it out of a warmer he found the wait more acceptable.

The guy who took our order was super polite and friendly. A perfect Southern gentleman!

This was my first Southern fried chicken experience and it was tasty! I would come back!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our daughter finally got us to visit Hattie’s. We visited on a Sunday morning. We all hat the Hot Chicken with the hot level of season. Everything was very good. The spice level was just right for our taste. Hattie B’s is worth the trip.