“Awesome everything”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville Downtown Hostel
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here as part of a Trek America tour, We had 2, 8 bed dorms and have to say this hostel was fantastic. Great location just a few blocks away from all the bars and restaurants.

This Hostel had great laundry facilities, clean bathrooms and hot showers, Free WiFi and Linen and towels were included in the price. The hostel is very secure requiring a keycard to get in after hours and to use the elevator.

The common room area on the first floor is awesome, lots of instruments, books, computers, pool table, board games and a football table.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here one night on our road trip out west. it is really a nice place and managed very well. Great common area, incredible kitchen and clean bath areas. They offer both private baths or women's/men's separate shower areas (4 showers), but still private enough. Glass elevators up to sleeping floors with another lounge area on each floor. There are clean linens on the bed, you make it up and tear it down when you keave. The large common area on main floor has couches, pool table, computer, stage and some musical instruments around if you feel the urge to pick one up. There is also a flat screen TV. Laundry facilities on site as well. Can't beat the location - right downtown, on the river and walk out into the action.
We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We chose a 4 bed female room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laurie W
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A clean, modern and very well maintained hostel in downtown Nashville, a stones throw from the main street and the famous Wild Horse Saloon! The bathrooms were clean and always close by; good showers too! The wifi was very temperamental and didn't tend to work in rooms, but did work in the shared areas. Opt for a room with fewer people in for a quieter stay. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2013

When I arrived at the hostel it was after a frazzled trip. I was stuck in Nashville, and many things were up in the air. I'd stayed at other hostels, and helped run a hostel, so I know they can vary widely.

Honestly the beds were hard - pressure points meant being so sore by morning it wasn't restful. I know there's a balance though, but being honest more comfortable beds, or an option or something would be nice.

Beyond that, I still give excellent ratings. The reasons are many - the staff was awesome. The place was clean, easy to navigate, secure and nice. Hangout areas were there so if you wanted some quiet alone time that was possible or more social areas were available. The location is AWESOME!! The little bar on the corner under the hostel has some pretty decent food, reasonable prices. And just a block up is a variety of food, music and other things down 2nd avenue. Journey over to Broadway and up a couple streets for ice cream and a candy shop, and more music hotspots that you never know who you might see.

It's also near the river...many areas near where Nashville tv series was filmed. I didn't use the kitchen while there, but it looked clean and organized. Plenty of hot water in showers while I was there. Like I said the only part I'd change is the hardness of the beds, and that might just be me. If you're traveling in and like a softer bed, bring a cushion or something. But excellent accommodations, friendly staff, Very accommodating and much appreciated.

Room Tip: Bring extra padding if you like soft beds.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JanH1961
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really, I do!! This was my first (and only) hostel I've ever stayed at, but if you read reviews by those who have hosteled a lot you'll see they agree!!

I was leery about sharing a room with other travelers. I was worried about the noise, the cleanliness, the bathrooms, etc. And I had seen the movies....

But don't think twice about staying here! The bathrooms were immaculate, the rooms clean, and the common area is worth planning a night to hang out in! Not to mention the location... I mean... come on, you're blocks from the touristy honky tonk downtown area, which is where you're going to go every night anyway! They were renovating when I was there so I looked over the fact that my room seemed to be the one place in the whole building where the temperature wasn't completely comfortable.

What really makes this place though are the employees. They are WONDERFUL! On any given day or night you'll likely find some of them hanging out in the common area jamming. It's often hard to tell who's and employee and who's a guest - but NOT when it matters. I came back one night (er, morning) less than sober and couldn't find my key... out of no where I was let in, taken to my room to see if I left it there, and then made a new key - zero hassle and the guy didn't even seem annoyed, which makes them saints:-) They are there 24 hours a day for anything you might need and will tell you right out what to see and do other than the usual.

This was also my first time traveling alone and - don't tell my friends this - but I just might have had more fun on this trip than any other. I even extended my stay! I met a ton of great people and am even planning to meet back there this Christmas with a girl I met while getting ready in the bathroom.

Bring some ear plugs (in case your roommies aren't on your sleep schedule), don't be a pig, and TALK TO EVERYONE! Especially the new guy Chris.... he'll give you some cool Aussie slang terms! Talk to the super cute girl (can't remember her dang name!) or Steven if you're looking for anything to do, see, or places to shop, and be sure to check out Steven's band at a venue or busking on the corner - they are AWESOME. And plan to stay a little longer than anticipated......

Room Tip: The fourth floor is a "quiet zone" 24 hours a day so if you sleep at odd times, this might...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AmberTrucke
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hostel was the first one I have stayed in but I think it was excellent. The entry and common area was clean and well laid out to be a relaxing space when I arrived. I was offered the option to pay for an additional half day and use the facilities (shower etc) as I had been travelling all night and used the common bathroom downstairs which was clean and spacious. My luggage was stored for me - my big pack in a staff accessed cupboard and little stuff in lockers on the second floor. Once my room was ready I had a womens shared room and had two lovely roomates, the bedding was clean, the pillow was sufficient and the room felt secure. The bathrooms on the bedroom floor were also clean and spacious. Checkout was easy. Downstairs people play music and chill out which is nice, and upstairs there is free wifi. Would recommend for the money is very central in Nashville - One block to broadway and bars and restaurants for four to five blocks along there.
I love Nashville and always have a good time and this place was a great central cheap location

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling with a friend and had a great experience.. it was really clean and super cheap. The staff is super friendly, and will be happy to point you in the right direction whether it be food, drink, or music. It is so close to Broadway (maybe a minute walk), that making trips from there back to the hostel couldn't be more convenient. Also, it overlooks the Cumberland river which also has a pretty nice park sorry of place to walk through. Don't forget to bring your instrument, everyone there is paying music in the common area most hours of the day and will be happy to play. I highly recommend this place

• Stayed: January 2013