“Heaps of fun, fair dinkum!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville Downtown Hostel
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked for two nights and ended up staying for three weeks! Why? I fell in love with everything about this city and hostel. The vibe, the people, the facilities, the freedom and the adventures.
The hostel is close to Downtown bars, honky tonks, city bikes, the river and sights.
The NDH team make improvements to the hostel daily. While I was there they got more couches, improved pool table facilities, got new high pressure showers, replaced stove tops, hung new artwork and were always making sure guests were happy. They were so committed to customer service they taught me to play the guitar!
Being in the hostel for three weeks allowed me to meet many guests in the common room and kitchen, most had a passion for music and it was great to connect with them. I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to visit music city! Bring your instruments because there is sure to be an impromptu jam while you're there, if you don't have an instrument, grab some spoons!

Room Tip: Rooms with a window on level 4 overlooking the Cumberland River are beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed in an 8 bed female dorm here and it was great! The beds and the room were so tidy and clean. There was so much space and storage in each room and it was so close to downtown. Literally a 2 minute walk, yet you didn't get any of the downtown noise. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Punkysmum
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Nashville Downtown Hostel three nights over the 4th of July this year with my best friend. Everything was absolutely flawless. But in particular, this hostel is the nicest one I have EVER been to (and I have been to many hostels). It is really a fusion between a hotel and a hostel. It has the social environment of a hostel, but the cleanliness and modernization of a hotel. Here are the highlights from my stay:

1- Modern and VERY clean
The money put into this place is very transparent. My jaw dropped when I walked in. One associates a hostel, with a cheap place to stay. This however is much, much more. The social area (kitchen, dining area, living room) were always tidy and the workers always seemed to be cleaning. There are leather couches and a pool table. Also, it is an atmosphere where everyone cleans up after themselves, which is great.

2-Very safe place to stay.
All doors are electronically secured. If you are not staying at the hostel, then you cannot come in.

3 - Beds
The beds were actually very comfortable, and you did not have to pay extra for blankets, sheets or pillows.

4- Friendly staff
The staff there is amazing! Not only with their kindness and hospitality, but they all seem to be amazing musicians and love to entertain!

5- Musical fusion
Everyone staying there also seemed to be musicians. There are instruments all around the social area, where people are encouraged to play. It was like a free concert every night!

6 - Quiet...when you want it to be. Fun when you want it to be!
At first, I was very put off about there not being alcohol allowed in the bedrooms. However, within 20 minutes of staying there, I totally understood it. It creates two different environments, that you crave during your stay. Firstly, if you want to party/drink/socialize, go downstairs because there is always a group of people ready to go out and do something. But, when you have had your fill and are ready to go to bed, it is VERY quiet since no one is drinking upstairs.
You can relax or get wild. The decision is yours, and the environment is there for both.

7- Parking
Parking was very inexpensive and very close. Just call the hostel beforehand and they are very helpful.

To wrap this up, the owner and manager have created a safe yet extremely fun environment. I cannot wait to return, and am thankful to have found it.

Ashley :)

1  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a great way to experience Nashville, without the ridiculous expense of staying at a hotel! Delightful, friendly staff... super clean...safe & secure...well thought out plan, and executed smoothly...I can't recommend it more highly! This place sets the standard by which all other hostels should model themselves after. You can park your car, and walk everywhere you need to go. My girlfriend and I stayed in a mixed room, and had nothing but a pleasant experience. We traveled there to see The John Butler Trio at Ryman Auditorium, which is only a few blocks away. Great show/cool venue! I also recommend The Beer Sellar right next door. It's a really cool, chill place to grab a few pints before or after the touristy madness of Broadway. Excellent draft and bottled beer selection.
Life is for living, so live a little. It only happens once, so make the most of it, and step out of your "comfort zone". You may be surprised at how much FUN you'll have!...just sayin' :)

Peace to us all!

Room Tip: My travel tips anywhere I go, are to bring earplugs to wear when you sleep (and to loud concerts), a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I made a quick solo trip to Nashville and stayed at this hostel for one night. I slept in a four bed female room that was clean and comfortable. The location is absolutely perfect for checking out Broadway and the staff was friendly and very cool!

There were always people around the kitchen and main area so it was really easy to meet people to go out with. I didn't use the kitchen but it looked up to date and make sure to bring beer for the beer fridge :)

Overall, I had a great trip and would highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Nashville!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent atmosphere. Excellent Staff. Clean facilities. Great Kitchen. So easy to meet other travelers here and it couldn't be in a better location. I will never stay anywhere else when in Nashville!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My friend & I had decided to take a trip to Nashville for 4 nights. We heard about NDH from googling places to stay. We've never stayed at a hostel before and were a little weary because of this, so we decided to get a private room for just the two of us. Unaware of hostel etiquette, we shyly made our way to the common room to drink a little before heading out for the town. We were greeted by some people sitting in the common room who then, after this night, became very good friends. This place is incredible. It's full of extremely kind, welcoming and talented staff, and truly housed a collection of the most eccentric and wonderful people I've ever met and will never forget. I 100% recommend NDH as a place to stay in Nashville. Also not to mention it's approx. a 30 second walk from Broadway.