“Extended Nashville Weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville Downtown Hostel
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was a bit weary of my extended weekend trip (Thursday-Sunday) to Nashville. It was mid-April. I was going for a conference by myself and then spending the weekend exploring the city and honestly I was on a budget. After looking up some places online, I came across this hostel. It was an excellent choice! When I arrived the people were really friendly. I had questions and needed assistance and everyone was so helpful (including when I couldn't make my key card work...I was trying to go into the wrong room >_<). I didn't know what to expect concerning the dorms, but I was pleasantly surprised to have such an excellent view. It's right across the street from the river, and about a block off of Broadway street.

There was a diverse group of people staying there. My roommate was from Australia and I made friends from Denmark, China, England, and Brazil! Some were there for vacations, others for school trips. Essentially everyone seemed to be above the age of 31 (except one or two people). It was a great matching and my roommate and I hit it off really well. We met up with two people who we met in the lobby area and hit the town!

The hostel is very clean and well organized. Occasionally there was music in the lobby by random people. A key card is required to get into the elevator, the dorm area, and the room itself, so I felt really safe at all hours.

I really recommend this place! On a side note, the only thing I didn't account for was parking! You can get a pass from their lot or find other places to park around the city (all varying prices).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for a five day spring break trip with five friends and we all had a great time. Within easy walking distance of tons of bars/attractions, and the common areas and rooms are very clean and well-furnished. The staff is amazing, hanging out with them definitely made our trip more fun. I would definitely stay here again if I make a trip back to Nashville!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in several hostels, and this was the nicest/newest looking. For the most part everything was very clean (although some guests did leave a mess behind).

While the lobby is loud and busy, the rooms upstairs are quiet and nice. I even managed to get a full sized bed in my women's room, which was a nice surprise. The beds were comfortable enough. The room needed lockers, although we managed fine without them. It also really needed a better curtain to block the sun. By 6 AM the sun was shining so brightly through the window that I couldn't sleep without putting a towel over my face. There was also occasional noise from partying outside--bring your ear plugs.

In addition to shared baths, each floor also had a couple of single baths that I managed to get into almost every morning when I was up by 7 or 8.

The hostel kitchen was nice, and I enjoyed several meals there.

I felt safe in this hostel and was in a great location to explore downtown. This may be the best hostel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just stayed here for 4 days for CMA Fest, after my sister told me about the Vandy location, where she had stayed in 2009, so I found this location, and I wasn't disappointed! From the moment I arrived, to check out time, everyone was so friendly and accommodating, and not only that, I made two new friends in two of my roommates! I had a 4 bunk, all female room, and although it was a bit cramped, it felt more like a summer camp to me, with the camaraderie between us ladies.

The bathrooms were immaculate, ad spacious, the downstairs lounge area was well set up with plenty of comfy seating, lots of plugs to charge electronics at, a piano, 4 computer terminals (at $5 an hour, or $15 for your stay), a mini fridge with pop, water and juice for only $1 a piece (you pay at front desk), two mini fridges to store your beverages, one for just beer.

This hostel is just steps to Church street, and very close to Broadway and the honkytonks, well within walking distance to the new Music City Center where Fan Fair X was held.

One of the fellas working (didn't get his name, he had longer hair in a ponytail) went above and beyond calling around trying to find out about a shuttle to Opry Mills Mall (turns out Grayline had discontinued their shuttle two years ago), and when I was ready to leave Tim phoned for a cab for me.

All the rooms are named after famous singers, we were in room 411, named after Ray Charles.

I will definitely be back and plan on telling others about this amazing place!

Thanks Ron and Tracee, you guys ROCK!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I was expecting something vastly different then what the Downtown Nashville Hostel ended up being. The facilities were VERY clean, well maintained and accommodating. My friend and I had a private room that was very basic, but we were comfortable. It is very safe requiring a key card to get in everywhere. We really enjoyed the lounge room for when we came in late night and weren't quite ready for sleep yet- it has a piano, foozball and a few other games to hang out and play with other travelers. I would definitely stay again, the only complaint is that the beds were pretty uncomfortable, but it wasn't something that would keep my from staying again. The location and price are truly unbeatable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here recently and had a blast. The location is within walking distance from all the downtown bars. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are clean. The common area is a great place to meet new people, socialize and play music. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night two weeks ago. It was great! My experience with hostels is that they usually are pretty dirty and feel unsafe. This is the complete opposite. Yes the bathrooms might have to been cleaned a little bit more often but the rooms were clean. It felt really safe staying there because you need to use your key to four times before you reach your room. Staff was super friendly and very helpful. If I go to Nashville again I will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have any windows, I do recommend to ask for a room with a window since the rooms a...