“Awesome stay and made new friends!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville Downtown Hostel
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just stayed here for 4 days for CMA Fest, after my sister told me about the Vandy location, where she had stayed in 2009, so I found this location, and I wasn't disappointed! From the moment I arrived, to check out time, everyone was so friendly and accommodating, and not only that, I made two new friends in two of my roommates! I had a 4 bunk, all female room, and although it was a bit cramped, it felt more like a summer camp to me, with the camaraderie between us ladies.

The bathrooms were immaculate, ad spacious, the downstairs lounge area was well set up with plenty of comfy seating, lots of plugs to charge electronics at, a piano, 4 computer terminals (at $5 an hour, or $15 for your stay), a mini fridge with pop, water and juice for only $1 a piece (you pay at front desk), two mini fridges to store your beverages, one for just beer.

This hostel is just steps to Church street, and very close to Broadway and the honkytonks, well within walking distance to the new Music City Center where Fan Fair X was held.

One of the fellas working (didn't get his name, he had longer hair in a ponytail) went above and beyond calling around trying to find out about a shuttle to Opry Mills Mall (turns out Grayline had discontinued their shuttle two years ago), and when I was ready to leave Tim phoned for a cab for me.

All the rooms are named after famous singers, we were in room 411, named after Ray Charles.

I will definitely be back and plan on telling others about this amazing place!

Thanks Ron and Tracee, you guys ROCK!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Nashville Downtown Hostel

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I was expecting something vastly different then what the Downtown Nashville Hostel ended up being. The facilities were VERY clean, well maintained and accommodating. My friend and I had a private room that was very basic, but we were comfortable. It is very safe requiring a key card to get in everywhere. We really enjoyed the lounge room for when we came in late night and weren't quite ready for sleep yet- it has a piano, foozball and a few other games to hang out and play with other travelers. I would definitely stay again, the only complaint is that the beds were pretty uncomfortable, but it wasn't something that would keep my from staying again. The location and price are truly unbeatable.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here recently and had a blast. The location is within walking distance from all the downtown bars. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are clean. The common area is a great place to meet new people, socialize and play music. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night two weeks ago. It was great! My experience with hostels is that they usually are pretty dirty and feel unsafe. This is the complete opposite. Yes the bathrooms might have to been cleaned a little bit more often but the rooms were clean. It felt really safe staying there because you need to use your key to four times before you reach your room. Staff was super friendly and very helpful. If I go to Nashville again I will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have any windows, I do recommend to ask for a room with a window since the rooms a...
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The location is perfect, right in the heart of downtown and on the riverfront. The common area is a gerat place to hang out, meet new people, and listen to people playing music. The kitchen is well stocked, the staff is very friendly. By the end of my stay I felt like I was at home. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hostel is in a perfect location on the river front minutes away from bars and restaurants. The hostel itself was stylish and well-equipped with bathrooms, a kitchen and shared living areas. The staff were helpful and really friendly, and the bedrooms were clean and adequate - although I didn't enjoy sleeping in a top bunk without guardrails. My only other criticism would be that they charged us to look after our baggage before checking in (rather late at 5pm) - other than that, it was great value.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for a weekend in Nashville and absolutely loved it! The hostel actually feels a bit like a hotel, except with a more relaxed vibe. The bedrooms and showers are very clean, as well as the commons area. There is also a sweet kitchen area and laundry and drinks are available for purchase. Everyone we met was extremely nice and the staff is very helpful. Linens are provided but I would bring a towel if you can. As far as location, it is spot on (very close to Broadway, Hall of Fame, Bridgestone Arena and more). Priceis extremely reasonable ($26-$28 a night). Overall, it is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone!