All reviewscommon roombunk bedsbeer fridgegreat kitchengreat locationwell equipped kitchenplug socketsshared bathroomgreat common areabooked a private roomtop bunkbars and restaurantsminute walklounge areaplace to stayfourth floorwithin walking distance
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My apologies for my review on Nashville International Hostel - it should have been on Nashville Downtown Hostel. The Downtown Hostel is the new hostel in 1st Avenue (on the riverfront), which is great. The location is superb; the hostel opened in July 2012, so everything is new and modern. My stay was great. I have never stayed at the old hostel in Patterson Avenue.

Room Tip: I only had access to my dorm.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2013

So.. I'm writing this as I still sit here in the lobby, waiting on my shuttle to the airport because I just can't wait any longer! My friend wanted to celebrate her birthday in Nashville and told me she wanted to stay in a hostel and I was soooo not down for that. She literally had to twist my arm to get me to stay here, and I have to be honest and say that we LOVED every minute we were here.

This was the first one we have stayed at but we heard from numerous people staying here that as far as hostels go, this is one of the nicest, cleanest and safest ones they've ever been to. You have to use your key faub 4x from front door to your room, so its very safe. The front desk is staffed 24 hours a day and they are all SO friendly and fun. We made so many friends while we stayed here and are already planning our trip back.

Never once did I feel unsafe or like I didn't belong. This place was a family with open arms and we loved how no matter when we showed up, there were always people hanging out, playing music together, making food, or just chilling. I cannot wait to come back here and have already started planning our next trip!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hostel is located just a few minutes walk from Broadway meaning the bars, restaurants and public transport are all very accessible. It is also within approximately 10 minutes of other sites such as the Tennessee State Museum and the State Capitol. It is also right at the edge of the city centre meaning meaning you can also be on the highway within a few minutes. You also get a heavily discounted parking rate for the lot outside.

The hostel was clean, good facilities in the living/kitchen area including plenty of seating, free coffee, fridges, larges sinks etc.. The room was adequately sized and comfortable. It would however be better if you could open the windows for some fresh area as opposed to the A/C being on constantly.

Furthermore, the hostel operates a 'no noise policy' in the sleeping areas between 10pm and 8am and I did not hear a single peep during any time that I was in my room. Although we spent most of the day sightseeing there was a great atmosphere in the communal areas of the hostel, lots of people chatting and playing musical instruments.

This hostel offered a fantastic location at a reasonable price and despite it's hostel status you are given plenty of privacy. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is absolutely amazing! The building is totally renovated and in a perfect location just feet away from the action of downtown Nashville. Everything in this building is new in from the last year. The common area is open 24/7 with no noise restrictions and is spacious and has plenty of room to hang out in. The floors that the rooms are on have a 24/7 quiet policy so anytime day or night you can get a good rest. The restrooms are new and they have both private restrooms as well as larger shared restrooms. I never had a hard time being able to take a shower whenever I wanted to. They use RFID cards for access to the building so it's very secure. In order to get back to your room at night you need to use the card 1 - To get into the building. 2 - To get into the elevator, 3 - To get onto your floor (there are doors) and then 4 - To get into your room. Honestly, I can't wait to stay here again. It was an absolutely amazing value!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here in march for a few days. Located on 1st street his hostel is just off the beating track. Right in the heart of music city.

Our room was right in the center of the hostel which made it very stuffy with no windows or fresh air. Arthropod are very open with no where to get changed except out in the open. Wast a problem for myself being a guy however my fiancé found it a little intruding.

There were private bathrooms available however girls queue right up for them.

Staff were pleasant enough but not the most pleasant experienced while traveling around the states.

Unsure if I would stay again, if I was it would be for the location.

Must say vey clean hostel and great wi-fi

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tree1990
RonL47, Manager at Nashville Downtown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Please note that interior temperature is set to 71F (22C). The temperature control get a little tricky when outside temperature changes from 30F to 75F (-1C to 24C) and humidity changes from 20% to 80%. This doesn't happen often but does happen some days in Spring time.

Please note that we have large community bathrooms (There are two). A bottle neck in bathroom exist only when guest wish to use limited number of private bathrooms (There are four).

Thank you for taking time to give us a feedback.