“Sushi Buffet and great atmosphere”
Review of Ru San's - CLOSED

Ru San's
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you like electronic music and all you can eat sushi, Ru San's is the place to go. Their service is a little slow, as it took a while to get a refill, but the buffet is great! For $9.95 all you can eat sushi, it is hard to beat!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Ru San's is an Atlanta based chain (I think) located in the trendy Gulch area. The industrial roots of the neighborhood are reflected in the bland decor. The many metal surfaces add to what is already a loud venue. A very long sushi bar dominates the long, narrow dining area, with a liquor bar at the entrance and dining tables in front of, behind and alongside the sushi bar.

I visited the website prior to my visit and found the menu extensive and hard to read. There is an online shopping cart but I felt this was too impersonal a way to 'eat out'. Live and in person, the restaurant really wasn't that much better. The menu offers multiple choices, especially the sushi selection, which seems to be designed for people who don't like sushi- I saw multiple fried and non-fish choices. Most of the customers when I visited were in their twenties.

I was seated and greeted quickly and my order came up quickly. The yellowtail sashimi was fresh and tasty. The California Sunset Roll was excellent. The by-the-piece Spicy Tuna Roll was unremarkable, as was the Miso Soup. Presentation was attractive and the rolls were well constructed. Service was friendly and efficient, with an emphasis on the latter.

With a large number of sushi restaurants in Nashville I probably won't be back. There are better choices, at least for my tastes. But the food is good, I was served quickly, and other than the impersonal vibe and complicated menu, this is a good eatery.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were here for one hour. There were two long tables of VERY noisy younger people who required a lot of attention from our server. We were served drinks OK, we were served a luke warm appetizer (was to be served hot), and we did not get our entree. Since we had tickets to be somewhere else we had to leave. If you like slow, cold and noisy you may want to try it. For their prices I expected much more than that.