“Special, stunning, focused/small excellent menu; great staff”
Review of Rolf and Daughters

Rolf and Daughters
Ranked #54 of 2,427 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2019

Rolf and Daughters (R.A.D.) was and is a very pleasant surprise. Staff very helpful in talking through the menu. Set up with top half of menu listing smaller plates (about a dozen) to share and the bottom half of the menu listing larger plates (about six). Then additionally they have three to four specials each night. The larger plates and specials were excellent but actually the smaller, shareable plates were our favorite. Fascinating seasoning plus combo of ingredients. Hard to put this creative menu into a slot. Just great food that will surprise you. BTW, wonderful place to eat either inside or outside; we chose outside and found it quite comfortable.

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

I’ve gone here since it opened. The food is fantastic. And it’s my least favorite place to go in town. The owner wants to make money. It is always full of drunk tourists. It has no feel of the town I know and love. I’ve finally come to understand it’s true meaning and it’s not for me. Take it to Some soulless place like nyc or Los Angeles.

1  Thank christopherhH87SW
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Family went for birthday dinner. The waitress was excellent she gave us the menu and she had to explain what the dishes were. We tried 4 of the appitizers and selected our main courses. We choose pork chop, chicken, risotto and pasta. When the appitizers came we shared and tried them all. I was not fond of the flava beans but the new potato salad was fantastic. The main courses came and everything was amazing. The pork chop was perfect, moist and delicious. The 1/2 chicken was great. My son thought it needed just a dash of salt but otherwise was great. The pasta and claim were great and risotto was done perfectly
All in all it was delicioud

1  Thank Babbott50
Reviewed May 10, 2019

There is a reason why this restaurant was booked solid... it is phenomenal. It is not only a really cool industrial-chic space but the food is so darn good! My husband and I completely lucked out when we walked into Rolf & Daughters without a reservation at around 9:30 on a Thursday night. Two bar seats happen to be vacant so we pounced. The bartenders made excellent cocktails and were extremely helpful in explaining the menu. In fact, we ordered every item that he recommended and could not have been happier. Each dish was so unique with a variety of flavors, unique ingredients, and interesting sauces. Their use of vegetables almost made you forget you were not necessarily eating meat. We had the trumpet mushroom, butternut squash, and toast to start. They were all excellent. We opted to try the cecamariti and chittara pastas. Both cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. The cecamariti was so simple but truly decadent. The chittara was so well balanced without being overly fishy. The chili really took it up a notch. We ended the meal with sourdough ice cream... I can't say it was my favorite but we still managed to polish it off! I wish I could have come here every day of our trip just so we could try the rest of the menu! Yes... it was THAT good!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Sheetal T
Reviewed May 7, 2019

We were in town for just a couple of days and my spouse took care to book us a three different and well-reviewed restaurants. Without question, Rolf and Daughters was the best of the three, and the only one I would make an effort to visit on our next trip rather than trying some place new.

The atmosphere had a nice high end but not too fussy feel, and although completely full it didn't feel too loud or distractingly busy. Our server completely had her act together and was able to speak knowledgeably about the menu, and was helpful without stopping by too often. Not knowing the city, it felt a little out of the way in that I'm not sure there was anything else nearby to walk to, but it was worth it.

The menu is not particularly long, so I was a little concerned that we'd end up ordering something we were not particularly enthusiastic about to have enough to eat. To start with we ordered the steak tartare (which I always get if on the menu) and the new potatoes with spring onions. The tartare was good, but I felt like the lentils in it didn't quite fit and could have been left out. The potatoes on the other hand, were stellar. I am not a huge potato fan, but I probably could have just eaten those all night and have resolved to try and make these at home for guests. For our entrees we both had pasta with clams - which was outstanding. This was another dish that I could have had twice as much of and not felt like stopping.

We came close to cancelling our reservation at the last minute because we were enjoying ourselves at a bar that had an interesting menu, but we are really happy we stuck to our original plans. Definitely worth a visit, and we will be back next time in town.

1  Thank NRS21