“Yummy in my tummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DeSano Pizza

DeSano Pizza
Ranked #13 of 2,031 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Are you ready to embark on the most affordable trip your mouth will ever take to Italy?!?Staying true to tradition, our Pizza Napoletana is as authentic as it gets!Using Mozzarella di Bufala made for us earlier in the week in a small town in Campania ...then flown in fresh … or maybe our flour which is shipped over by boat …no no, how about our salt which comes straight from the Mediterranean Sea! This trend continues ...for EVERY single one of our ingredients … I know, it's the real deal!We open at 11:30am, Monday through Saturday, and close as soon as the dough runs out… sorry, it's made fresh, DAILY! And yes, we are not open Sunday, as it's a day to spend with family!So please, do us a favor and stop by to try what pizza is SUPPOSED to taste like.And don't worry if you have limited time, as our hand-made wood burning ovens, with volcanic rockbottoms from Mount Vesuvius, cook your pizza in 60 seconds … it's ok to say wow.. but trust me, you'llbe saying it again when you take that first bite ;)Grazie Mille!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Yummy in my tummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I'd been wanting to check it out for a while as I drove by it going to work but didn't really know what is was. A friend and I decided to go in one day for lunch. I've been 3 times in the past 6 months. Each time I introduce someone new to it.
It's not quite fast food not quite a sit down place either. You order at the counter and then venture to the dining room to find a table, yep seat your self. The are several picnic style tables to choose from. The dining room looks into the kitchen where they have 3 brick ovens. Today by the time we sat down distributed napkins and silverware they were delivering our pizza. They don't do plates so you have to share the pan or use a napkin.
I usually just do sausage but today we did sausage and pepperoni. Awesome! I added a little more garlic and some crushed red pepper. The dough is thin a flimsy with a nice crispy crust. Just enough sauce and a scattering a cheese.
For desert we split a cannoli, that was made to order right in front of us! After we ate the pizza my sister was so impressed she went and ordered her own cannoli. I guess she was talking to the lady about it and she told us that they fly in their ricotta straight from Italy. This place is authentic and delish! Definitely one of the best pizza places in Nashville.
They have coke products and bottled water. They also offer beer and wine, but I do believe you can bring in your own alcohol. I believe they also had prepackaged salads and such to grab and go if you're in a hurry. I was a tad bit pricey and the one time we went for dinner we weren't sure they were even going to be open since they only stay open as late as they have dough.

• Visited September 2013

Covington, Louisiana
“Watch then make your pizza from your table”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a neat place where you order at a counter and then sit down amidst the pizza bakers making your pizza. Service is quick and pizzas were all delicious and condiments are available to top of your pizza - balsamic vinegar, Parmesan, garlic, and quite a few more- you can bring your own beer or wine!

• Visited August 2013
“Yum! Yum! Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband went for lunch with colleagues and enjoyed the pizza so much we went back for dinner with family :) The pizza was DELICIOUS! We ordered the San Gennaro which introduced me to a new favorite ingredient: peppadew! These are miniaturized red delicious sweet/hot peppers! All pizzas are deliciously roasted in the wood fired ovens :) Yum!Yum!Yummy!
The atmosphere is awesome as well with a pizza dough tossing show for all in the main dining room to see! The restaurant is kept meticulously clean AEB sweeping the access pizza flour during a brief lull in the pizza pie making process. Though the pizza was delicious and the atmosphere awesome I would have to reserve this pizza place for very special occasions. 22$s is just too high of a price to pay for pizza. Add the $7.35 we paid for one 24oz. bottle of diet coke and two 8 oz. sprites and we are way over budget for a regular pizza night.
Ps: If I were those pizza pie makers I would put a tip jar out~they are/the show was really fun!

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta
“An Atlanta all star in Nashville!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Those fans of Antico pizza in Atlanta will be thrilled to know of this franchise, that right now seems to be a secret. The lines do not extend out the door -- yet. So get there now! You can brown bag your wine or beer, or buy it there. They have two sizes of pizza -- a nice option that differs from Antico -- but the taste is the same. OH SO GOOD. The closest you can get to Italian pizza while staying in the south ; )

Visited June 2013
1 Thank fromAtl
Woonsocket, RI
“Best pizza I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

On a business trip in Nasville, the client recommended Desano. Seriously, the best pizza I've ever had. Lately, greasy pizza bothers my stomach. But Desano's wasn't greasy at all. Not a fan of bad tomato sauce, Desano's sauce was just plain really good. Fresh ingredients, great crust, fast service. Try the oil and vinegar bar with all the fixings to create a dip for your pizza. It brought it to a whole new level. I'll probably never have pizza again without dipping it in oil/balsamic vinegar. Hard to find, look for the rotary on 16th, it's across from off broadway shoes. The chocolate gelato was good, too. I wish we had one in the RI/Boston area, I'd start eating pizza again.

• Visited June 2013