“Wonderful Food & Service, Absurd Wine Tax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Etch Restaurant

Etch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Etch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,955 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd AVE.
Description: Featuring an array of global flavors and decadent desserts by Chef Deb Paquette and Pastry Chef Megan Williams, Etch is located in the ground floor of the Encore tower in Nashville's SoBro district. The restaurant is equipped with two private dining rooms, a full bar and an open kitchen with bar-style seating, allowing guests to interact with Deb and her kitchen. Lunch and dinner are available Monday-Friday, as well as dinner on Saturday. In her 13 years as Chef/Owner of Zola, Deb received accolades for Nashville's best chef and Nashville's best restaurant multiple times. Nashville restaurants are many, but Etch sets itself apart with bold flavors and colorful presentations.
Laramie, Wyoming
“Wonderful Food & Service, Absurd Wine Tax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a great restaurant. Inventive, imaginative, attentive service (Kristen L was happy to explain offerings and took really good care of us). We shared the roasted cauliflower appitizer-too much for even two. Also shared the Etch salad. Both were excellent. My wife enjoyed the 10 oz. pork chop with gnocchi, trio of mushrooms, asparagus, basil and smoked ham jus. My grilled lamb porterhouse was prepared just right. The lamb was accompanied with two pieces of feta and bean filo, lemon black olive tapenade topped with pearl onions, Tunisian poached apricots with mint relish and lastly grilled okra. What a combo, but it worked! Too bad we live so far away. This would be a "return to often" restaurant for us. Tennessee state and local governments tax the wine we had at Etch at just under 25%. That is absurd!!!.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

Centennial, Colorado
“Quite possibly the worst service ever ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We were 'lucky' enough to nab a seat at the bar last weekend. It was busy and we were looking forward to eating here. Things were bad from the start. There was a pretentious male bartender who was beyond rude. He refused to serve a cocktail to a woman seated next to me. She was clearly in her 60's. He was nasty to the point of upsetting the female bartender working with him. We ordered some apps and an entree to spilt. And waited and waited and waited. We had a cocktail. We had wine. We had water. When the apps arrived they were stone cold. Which for the lamb tartar was fine, but fried eggplant that is served cold is revolting. To be fair, the lamb was really outstanding. I finally got someone to bring hot fries. And they weren't salted. At that point we'd been there almost 2 hours and kept asking about our entree. We finally told them we were leaving. Again rudeness. They did comp the apps but the service is so appalling I would never return. Management, lose the nasty male bartender. And figure out that you are in the service industry.

5 Thank RubyDo1956
Irvine, California
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I were lucky to get 3 seats in the bar as it was Friday an we did not have reservations. We let Paul know we had a show to get to and he quickly got our order in. Malia made my daughter and me fantastic Cosmos (and I am quite a Cosmo snob!). Soon we were enjoying melt in your mouth filet mignon with all the fixens. We also had the brussel sprouts. The food was perfect, but the service we received from Malia and Paul really made our evening special!

Visited June 2014
White Salmon, Washington
“Wonderful! ��������”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the "chef's table" which is the bar with a bird's eye view of the kitchen. The chef, Deb came over and chatted for a bit. Our waiter, Brandon also amazing. I took his recommendation on everything and the food experience was...off the chart! Love the atmosphere, friendly and very hip! The staff were amazing and it was just fun watching them chop, prepare and bustle around. We felt the price was very fair and the quality the very best! Don't miss it.

Visited June 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Awesome meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here. We shared appetizers, my favorite was the tuna. My entree was the filet, maybe the best I have ever eaten! It melted in your mouth! I would definitely go back again!

• Visited June 2014