“Something to shout about, our quietly contemplate”
Review of Etch Restaurant

Etch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Etch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,114 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd AVE.
Description: Featuring an array of global flavors and decadent desserts by Chef Deb Paquette and Pastry Chef Megan Williams, Etch is located in the ground floor of the Encore tower in Nashville's SoBro district. The restaurant is equipped with two private dining rooms, a full bar and an open kitchen with bar-style seating, allowing guests to interact with Deb and her kitchen. Lunch and dinner are available Monday-Friday, as well as dinner on Saturday. In her 13 years as Chef/Owner of Zola, Deb received accolades for Nashville's best chef and Nashville's best restaurant multiple times. Nashville restaurants are many, but Etch sets itself apart with bold flavors and colorful presentations.
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This was an anniversary dinner. Seating was on time. The cocktails were interesting and creative. I had the NOLA. It was long on bitters, but good. My wife had the "Mint and lemon".

I had the Etch salad which was a tasty blend of vinaigrette, gorgonzola, apple and greens. Excellent!

My wife hadthe roasted cauliflower salad, which is famous, and deservedly so. It has two dipping sauces: truffle oil, pea, miso, and the other was feta and red pepper. The cauliflower is roasted with a smoky flavor (wood fired?) that is unexpected and intriguing.

I had the cobia fish dish which was very good. Also the Etch salad. Both were out of the ordinary and wonderfully seasoned. My wife had the scallop dish. I'm not a scallops fan, but they were the best I've eaten.

The service was good, but not extraordinary. The noise level was typical of many restaurants today: LOUD. Between lots of hard surfaces and background music we often find ourselves hoarse by the end of an evening. This is in that genre...not a place for an anniversary or other occasion calling for nuanced conversation. Best suited for shouting, "I LOVE YOU". ;-)

Overall, excellent creative dishes, decent service, high noise level.

1  Thank knygard
Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to dine at Etch before the Symphony last weekend. The entire experience was great. The appetizers (butter tasting and tuna and shrimp) were outstanding. The entrees (pork loin and scallops) were layered with combinations of favors that were unique and different and truly enjoyable. The service was excellent as well. We'll be returning as often as can

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We visited last night for the first time and came away very impressed! This place is a gem! The food is just awesome, we had nothing bad. The roasted cauliflower is must! We tried also the beet and berries salad (so delicious) as well as the scallops, and katafi pastry entrees! They were awesome!! The scallops melted in your mouth, and the spaghetti squash was just amazing!
For dessert we tried the white chocolate lemon ganache and the rhubarb and pecan tart, both were excellent. The portions were just right and the atmosphere was wonderful. We will definitely be back, and will tell others.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We took the advice of a fellow reviewer and went to Etch. What great advice. This is a top quality restaurant (so nice to get away from the chains and experience quality food at a great price). My wife and I enjoyed dinner so much that we went back for lunch the following day! Our only criticism was that if anything the portions were too large! Try it for yourself and I am certain you will enjoy.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our party of four tasted each other's meals and the consensus was that everything was EXCELLENT. I think the winner was the duck confit appetizer. The flavors were so intense. The roasted cauliflower was very good, but after it was voted one of the top dishes in Nashville I guess I was expecting even more--but we certainly enjoyed it. The charcuterie salad was amazing. My scallops were awesome. The person who ordered the filet mignon said it was the best ever.

My guests are serious gourmets. They live in NY and L.A. and travel extensively. They LOVED this place--and that says a lot.

1  Thank Songdoc