“Another great resturant in Nashville”
Review of Etch Restaurant

Etch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Etch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,151 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd AVE.
Description: Featuring an array of global flavors and decadent desserts by Chef Deb Paquette and Pastry Chef Megan Williams, Etch is located in the ground floor of the Encore tower in Nashville's SoBro district. The restaurant is equipped with two private dining rooms, a full bar and an open kitchen with bar-style seating, allowing guests to interact with Deb and her kitchen. Lunch and dinner are available Monday-Friday, as well as dinner on Saturday. In her 13 years as Chef/Owner of Zola, Deb received accolades for Nashville's best chef and Nashville's best restaurant multiple times. Nashville restaurants are many, but Etch sets itself apart with bold flavors and colorful presentations.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Two other couples , my wife and I went to Etch to celebrate birthdays. We picked Etch because the owner once owned one of my all time Nashville's favorites, Zolas. I was a little taken back while making the reservation when the young lady checked the book to make sure our reservation didn't "stress the kitchen". I now see why. The food presentation was as good as I have had in starred resturants around the world. The experience didn't stop there. The menu was interesting, because of the pairing of tastes. I had the duck with tangerine infused grits and two or three other fruits and purées. Each bit brought a new taste experience to the dish. My wife's fish was even better than mine, and my dinner rates in my top 10 ever. The price was really in line with other upscale places. The total for six including six drinks, two bottles of wine, two appetizers, four desserts, and tip was just over $70.00 per person. If you are visiting or live in Nashville, and want a great meal experience downtown I would highly recommend Etch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had 6 on Friday at 7:15 at Etch. We had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated as the restaurant was crowded. It is an attractive place and the staff was very helpful.

We were seated at a table near the bar which was nice. Our waitress was helpful and went through all the specials. Issue was they were out of the some items like the short ribs and the shrimp special. Both sounded good.

We ordered three appetizers for the table including the butter tasting, the cauliflower and the bruschetta. Bruschetta was the best. Cauliflower appears on the menu three times.

I got the pork tender which had some of the same flavors as the appetizers as did the tuna salad I got. The food was rich but had basically the same spices woven through all the courses.

Biggest issue was the portions are very small and expensive. Four in our party went to the Southern after dinner because they were still hungry. Food was good, but the similar spices didn't offer enough variety. A lot of the food is very busy like the cobia

I had two beers and my wife had a glass of wine. Our tab was $150 before tip which was a lot for one app, two salads and two entrees.

Etch is good, although I would rather go to Silo or East Nashville

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our first visit will not be our last. Our waiter apologized for being new but did an excellent job, courteous and attentive. My wife and I both started with the Etch salad which was outstanding.
We followed with the lamb chops which included a menagerie of grilled vegetables. Everything was prepared to perfection. Unfortunately we were on time constraints and could not sample the desserts. Overall a most enjoyable meal,easily on par or exceeding Midtown Café for Capitol Grille . The only negative was we were seated at a nice table for two by the window looking out on a parking lot where we were distracted by valet parking in a pouring rain. I would suggest another table.

Thank Jr. Md Thad C
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I had a great experience at Etch. The wait staff were very attentive and atmosphere.
The food was really really good, the salad was probably my favorite item. My wife really liked her Filet Mignon, it was just like she likes it.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This one of those reviews - I would like to choose 3.5 ... anyway went for early valentines dinner at 5 pm yesterday- the place was nearly empty- no surprise- but has bearing on review. Lovely location, ambiance and music very pleasing.
price fixe, four course menu $90 and I had wine pairings for $45 more.

Likes: GREAT cocktails, loved our appetizers (though mine was TINY with 2 small shrimp) the charcuterie plate was divine. Loved both salads (duck confit and cauliflower)

Dislikes- both of entrees were mediocre at best. Mine was over cooked (the spaghetti squash ) and my husbands was tiny and cold (venison) . The venison plates flavors didnt seem to mesh well, and my entree was bland and somehow overwhelming at the same time...

Dessert- very very good- ice cream and chocolate something. enjoyed both very much.

I guess we would go back for drinks and appetizers or for dessert. I was surprised since we LOVED Zola so much, and there the entrees were always outstanding and memorable....
Bottom line was mixed feelings- but not up to my high expectations and very expensive the tab was nearly $330 incl tax and tip - and that is disappointing.

1  Thank TNGP