“A definite "must do"!”

Walkin' Nashville - Music City Legends Tour
Ranked #4 of 81 Tours in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Established July 2012. Hank, Johnny, Chet, George, Tammy, Conway, Loretta, Dolly, Willie . . . There was a time when country music was on a first name basis with its fans. A time when the streets of downtown Nashville were alive with the sound of backroom guitar pulls, Midnight Jamborees and the Grand Ole Opry. Now you can recapture the magic of this golden era on the Walkin' Nashville Music City Legends Tour. Packed with history and behind-the-scenes anecdotes about your favorite country legends, this 90-minute walking tour tells the real story of how Nashville came to be called Music City. You'll see Printer's Alley, The Ryman Auditorium, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Ernest Tubb Record Shop and Hatch Show Print.Your friendly guide is Grammy-nominated journalist and musician, Bill DeMain. A longtime resident of Nashville, he will show you hidden corners of the city not found in any guidebook and tell you stories you won't hear on any other tour.From APRIL - OCTOBER, tours run Tuesday, Thursday-Saturday. From NOVEMBER - MARCH, tours run Friday & Saturday only (weekdays available by special arrangement for groups of 8 or more)Start Time: 10:30 AM (Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in)Tour Length: Approx. 2 Hours
“A definite "must do"!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I am so happy we decided to book this tour. Bill was amazing! He has the sweetest personality and is a joy listening to. His love for Nashville and its history behind the music is apparent. It was awesome learning about places you would normally walk past and not think twice about. I definitely see nashville in
A different light after this tour. I would recommend it in the early stages of your trip because bill knows what's happening all through the city as far as venues to go to and places to eat!

Amarillo, TX
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I have just one problem with this tour!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I don't know whether to suggest you take this tour when you first get to Nashville or at the end of your time there! An early tour gives you plenty of information to give you tremendous insight into the history of Music City. Taking the tour at the end of a trip is a tremendous exclamation point on Nashville. Bill is so knowledgeable, I bet he never really gives the same tour twice. It feels like he's personalized it just for you. And be sure to bring your best questions about Nashville and its music. I asked about radio stations in Nashville and Bill's eyes lit up: "Oh you could do a tour just on radio stations!" Well, only Bill could do it right. Take the tour early or late. But please take it!

Cleveland, Ohio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“A must do in Nashville!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

After reading the reviews I too wanted to do this tour and I must say I was very glad I did. It is at a perfect time ( 10:30am) and the 2 hours will fly by. I learned so much about the music history of Nashville and the current music that is happening now. Bill knows everything that is happening in the area. He gave us great advice for Saturday night and if it wasn't for him we never would have seen the most amazing guitar player at Robert's Western World. Probably the highlight of our trip:) If you have the time do not miss this very special day!

Philadelphia, PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“looking at my watch to make sure we had more time!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Normally, no matter where we travel and take tours, I always end up looking at my watch hoping it will be over soon. This was the only time I can remember (including tours in Europe) that I was only looking at my watch to make sure we had more time. Bill's inside knowledge of Nashville was wonderful. It was funny interesting and completely enjoyable. I was hesitant because it was a very warm morning but he even takes that into account and stops in shady cool area's. If you are visiting Nashville especially the first time, this is a hands down "MUST DO". I learned so much and we felt this was an attraction that was well worth the reasonable fee. You will not regret taking this tour.

Ottawa, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WoW! A must do in Nashville”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Six of us did this tour at the start of our Nashville vacation. I knew from other reviews that it was a must do. And we were not disappointed. Bill knows Nashville inside out and the details of the locations he talked about just blew us away. The little known facts about the history of Nashville that you will not get anywhere else. Who would ever know that a manhole cover had so much history behind it.. Save a lot of money and put this tour in at the start of your vacation. You won't be disappointed. Make sure to book well in advance. The information Bill sends via email after the tour is worth the price of the tour itself.