“Perfect For a Long Weekend in Nashville”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #20 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Ohio
“Perfect For a Long Weekend in Nashville”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in March and it was perfect! The location is great with plenty to walk to for food and close to downtown. There is a free shuttle that will take you and pick you up from downtown and if you don't want to wait on the shuttle or if you want to travel outside their hours, the cab we picked up from downtown back to the hotel was very quick to pick us up and only cost around $10. The rooms in this hotel are very large with a thick curtain that can be pulled to separate the bed and couch areas which was nice! There is also a full kitchenette which came in handy for us. There is a free breakfast every morning and it was definitely more than your "average" free hotel breakfast. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful greeting us with a smile every day and offering sight seeing suggestions and directions when asked. To note in case is matters for you (it doesn't for us), the largest size beds in this hotel are Queen and the bathroom we had was only equipped with a shower, no tub. For the cost versus actually staying downtown in Nashville, we would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others travelling to Nashville!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear ohiolovestotravel17,
Thank you for the great reveiw on tripadvisor.com! We appreciate you sharing your experience online! I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us as well as Nashville! We hope you come visit us again on your next trip to Nashville. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Merrily Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I booked a group at this hotel for a 2 night stay. The list was ever changing but I sent them a final list 2 weeks before we arrived. They sent me a confirmation from the original list. I had to call them and have them manually give me confirmation numbers for each room. When we arrived at the hotel there were 2 more errors. The rooms were great and the front desk staff were exceptional in helping us and taking care of everything! Nice little breakfast in the AM! And a great location!

Room Tip: Great location for tourist and business travelers if you need something near the downtown or Vanderb...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear 1dervol,
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor! I am sorry about the confusion with the group reservations; sometimes those can be tricky. But I am happy to read that the staff took care of it with great efficiency. I hope you and your group enjoyed Nashville and the Home2 Suites! We hope you book with us again on your next outing to Music City! Thank you again for the review.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. Usually I stay at the HGI right behind it but tried Home2 since it was so close. The staff here is excellent and comfortably friendly. It seemed sincere which is rare in the hotel world. They appeared to even be happy to be at work. They were helpful and friendly and it never once felt forced. I left my favorite pair of shoes in the room and when I called they assisted me right away and sent them out FedEx. The amazing thing is that I called this hotel 3 times and each time someone picked up the phone! I didn't have to go through any sort of phone prompt and hit zero to finally reach someone. The room great and perfect for my business needs. There are plenty of plugs for charging things. This will probably be my new "go to" hotel for Nashville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi LizzChicagoi!
Thank you for the glowing review on tripadvisor!! I am so happy that we made your stay so enjoyable that you wanted to share it with the world! I am pleased to read your comments and i will share them with the staff. Even though, the HGI is our "Big Sis", we are glad you've moved over to us! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Nashville! Once again, thank you for the review!

London
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting my older daughter who attends Vanderbilt. It is a really good option if you want a well priced alternative to the Loew's and Hutton hotels plus it has laundry facilities adjacent to the fitness center so that you can do that while you work out. Breakfast is included and was an exceptionally large range of choices and hot food and coffee. Well organized with an eating area. Rooms have kitchenettes and there is space to spread out so we did not feel we had to eat out all of the time. There is also a really nice pool and staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear LondonKat77,
Thank you for your review of Home2 Nashville on tripadvisor! I am pleased to know that you and your daughter enjoyed your visit to Nashville and your stay with us! I hope that on your next vist to Nashville you choose to stay with us as we are so close to Vanderbilt! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It'sa decent place to stay if you're looking for a studio suite for a slightly discounted price. However, for most extended stay purposed (professional), I'd highly recommend against. It's situated nicely in a fun part of town with many fun bars nearby, and thusly, its populated by loud and drunk people at all hours of the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Terran S,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor. I am glad that you found the Home2 to be clean and comfortable. I do apologize for the disturbances you experienced while here. I would like to say that all guests are on their best behaviour while staying with us, but sometimes they just aren't. Please let the front desk know about any disturbance and we will be happy to take care of it for you. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I hope that on your next trip to Nashville you give us another chance.

NC
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I expected a newer hotel property to be really great, and I will say that the rooms were clean and the small kitchenette is a nice plus. However, parking and getting into the hotel is a royal pain in the a__! It took almost 10-min to get to my car.....the way you have to access the garage is crazy, walking a ways across & through the garage to an elevator from the lobby. Even with one roller bag an my briefcase it was a pain.....not to mention the night before I really got turned around (even with the signs they posted) as the HGI & Home2 share a garage. It also felt like this was a property being used by a lot of college-age kids either between apartments or something, a few 'groups' hanging around and it felt like a glorified dormitory.

I checked out and went to an HGI near the airport for my 2nd night (off Elm Hill Pike) and was happier with that property. Rooms not as 'new' and no kitchenette, but easier in/out access and overall more for business travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear hodels,
Thank you for your review of our Home2 on tripadvisor. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I agree that getting in/out of the parking garage can be a little tricky. We are working on correcting that so that it is easier for our guests to get in and out of the garage with their bags a little easier. I am sorry that you felt you were in a dormitory. Depending on what is going on in the city and the day of the week, our clientele can seem to be a bit younger, But Home2 caters to all age groups. On your next trip to Nashville, I hope you consider giving us another chance. Thank you again for the review!

Buffalo, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Close to Music Row, Vanderbilt University, Centennial Park and much more than just the touristy area of Broadway. New to Nashville (as I've been told) is the B-Cycle rent a bike program. One of the B-Cycle stations is close to the hotel and it is a great way to bike around and see the city. SERVICE! Home2Suites had an excellent staff that made sure we were happy with everything at all times- front desk, shuttle, cleaning staff....everyone! I also thought it was great that the hotel is doing its part to reduce waste- recycling, cleaning procedures, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Eser Y,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in mid-town! Thank you for pointing out the B-cycle!! This is fairly new to our city and I am happy to read that guests/visitors are enjoying it. I am also happy to read that the Home2 staff took such good care of you and made you feel welcome. We have a reputation for great service and i am happy that you experienced it for yourself! Thank you again for taking the time write a review and to point out all the great things Home2 had to offer. We hope to see you again soon!