Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Close to Music Row, Vanderbilt University, Centennial Park and much more than just the touristy area of Broadway. New to Nashville (as I've been told) is the B-Cycle rent a bike program. One of the B-Cycle stations is close to the hotel and it is a great way to bike around and see the city. SERVICE! Home2Suites had an excellent staff that made sure we were happy with everything at all times- front desk, shuttle, cleaning staff....everyone! I also thought it was great that the hotel is doing its part to reduce waste- recycling, cleaning procedures, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Eser Y,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in mid-town! Thank you for pointing out the B-cycle!! This is fairly new to our city and I am happy to read that guests/visitors are enjoying it. I am also happy to read that the Home2 staff took such good care of you and made you feel welcome. We have a reputation for great service and i am happy that you experienced it for yourself! Thank you again for taking the time write a review and to point out all the great things Home2 had to offer. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Nice decor, great shuttle service within 3 miles. Overall helpful service. All workers would greet you in a friendly manner.

Walls/doors are not that soundproof so Saturday night we heard a bunch of drunk kids super loud in the hallway multiple times but never did call front desk, who knows what they would have done. Other nights were better.

$20 each night for parking is kind of lame to say the least, especially since they don't have a guard or anything to pay, just a covered garage. $10 would be more reasonable. Oh well.

Dear Cjhs20,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor! We appreciate the feedback. I am sorry that you were disturbed by some of our guests. I would like to say that all of our guests are on their best behaviour, but sometimes that just isn't the case. We want to make sure that everyone enjoys their stay so next time please do not hesitate to alert the front desk of a disturbance so that we can handle it for you. In regards to the parking, we have very, very limited parking in our neighborhood and unfortunately it does come at a premium to park in a covered and secure garage. We now offer a parking package that includes the parking in the room rate. On your next stay with us please book the parking package so that you can take advantage of the discount it gives for parking. Thank you again for taking the time to review the Home2 Nashville and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Nashville!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I read LOTS of reviews before deciding on Home2 Suites Downtown. I guess I just expected a little more for the price. The room was nice and clean, but kind of small. The kitchenette was clean and had lots of glasses and flatware and even came with a dishwasher, but it wasn't really necessary. I think I could have done without all of those "extras" and been happier with a nice King sized bed and a little more floor space. Also, the bathroom was clean, with glass door shower, but again small. The soap and shampoo dispensers were a nice touch, and we did enjoy the shuttle service. The location was nice being within walking distance of several mid town bars, However, I would advise parking Downtown and taking the shuttle to and from. $20 parking fee is PER NIGHT which is not what I was told at check-in. That is crazy! At almost $500 for two nights total, it just wasn't worth it. Esp without daily maid service. Hilton Garden Inn next door was nicer and cheaper, with a much better breakfast.

Dear Stacy S,
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, but am sorry you did not experience the value that Home2 offers. We are predominatly designed as an extended stay hotel, hence the kitchenette with dishes, dishwasher, utensils, etc. I would like to talk to you further about your experience, as we DO offer daily maid service. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss at 615-254-2170. I look forward to speaking to you about your stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you get a chance to be in Nashville, this is the hotel you want to stay at! Great staff, great amenities and an overall great hotel! Largest jacuzzi in TN, free breakfast, and free shuttle make this a great deal as well.

Dear Jed M,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor! I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay enough to share your experience. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Nash-Vegas! Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel stay was an awesome experience. But Honestly, this survey is too long and asks too many questions. Why would you ask me (as your customer) to provide you (Hilton) with a "title" for this review. Give me a break.

Dear Jim D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you come back to see us on your next trip to Nashville. I am sorry for the length of the survey and requirement of a title....not sure why they require that either, but either way, I'm glad you took the time. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

spent 4 nights here and its fantastic, I visit Nashville once a year and usually stay Downtown but decided to save some money and stay at Vanderbilt. from the moment I walked in the door the staff were fantastic, friendly, happy and informative. the rooms are very clean and comfortable, with nice kitchenette, I was on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. they have free Wi-Fi and business area with printers and computers, also a gym and laundry, and a courtesy van that will take you anywhere in 3 mile area, so a trip downtown to the honky tonks was easy. lots of great bars and restaurants very close by. will defiantly stay here next time

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear krazykev,
Thank you for the great review on tripadvisor! I am happy you found us and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town! Thank you again for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and have a great day!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we arrived, I noticed it was $20 to park at the hotel's deck, or there was free street parking within walking distance. One of the women in our party asked the front desk receptionist if the street was safe for parking, and she replied with an enthusiastic yes. Upon loading the car the next morning, I found my passenger side-view mirror smashed & turned in. This side of the car was not on the road, but rather the sidewalk. I also noticed several other cars with similar issues. So, someone walked by & decided to vandalize cars. When I spoke to the hotel manager, intending to ask for some tape, she immediately got defensive after I explained what happened. I was offended she would take it to that point, so I decided to mention that although I knew I parked at my own risk, it was a decision supported enthusiastically by a hotel employee. I would definitely not stay at this hotel again for the lack of management's concern for hotel guests.

Other than that, the hotel facilities were fine. We had 3 adult females in a suite, and we were comfortable. The "largest hot tub in Tennessee" was overly chlorinated and only lukewarm.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Shannon C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. First, I would like to apologize about how you perceived my reaction to your problem to be. I assure you, that was not my intention as I genuinely care about all of our guests and their experience. When guests ask the front desk if parking on the street is safe, we let them know that for your personal safety, yes it is! I am sure that is what our desk agent was speaking of as we get that question alot since this is a walking neighborhood. However, street parking in a college neighborhood with 20+ bars in a 4 block radius, always has a risk that damage can come to a vehicle or be towed. I am sorry that the desk agent assumed that you were speaking of personal safety and not your vehicles safety. I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed the city and had a good time. Once again I am sorry that this incident dampened your trip. We hope you come back to Nashville again soon and please take advantage of our many parking garages! Thank you again for the review! Take care and have a great day!