“Great hotel in Vandy Area”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #18 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Memphis, United States
“Great hotel in Vandy Area”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you get a chance to be in Nashville, this is the hotel you want to stay at! Great staff, great amenities and an overall great hotel! Largest jacuzzi in TN, free breakfast, and free shuttle make this a great deal as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Jed M,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor! I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay enough to share your experience. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Nash-Vegas! Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Merrily Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel stay was an awesome experience. But Honestly, this survey is too long and asks too many questions. Why would you ask me (as your customer) to provide you (Hilton) with a "title" for this review. Give me a break.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Dear Jim D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you come back to see us on your next trip to Nashville. I am sorry for the length of the survey and requirement of a title....not sure why they require that either, but either way, I'm glad you took the time. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

spent 4 nights here and its fantastic, I visit Nashville once a year and usually stay Downtown but decided to save some money and stay at Vanderbilt. from the moment I walked in the door the staff were fantastic, friendly, happy and informative. the rooms are very clean and comfortable, with nice kitchenette, I was on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. they have free Wi-Fi and business area with printers and computers, also a gym and laundry, and a courtesy van that will take you anywhere in 3 mile area, so a trip downtown to the honky tonks was easy. lots of great bars and restaurants very close by. will defiantly stay here next time

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear krazykev,
Thank you for the great review on tripadvisor! I am happy you found us and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town! Thank you again for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and have a great day!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we arrived, I noticed it was $20 to park at the hotel's deck, or there was free street parking within walking distance. One of the women in our party asked the front desk receptionist if the street was safe for parking, and she replied with an enthusiastic yes. Upon loading the car the next morning, I found my passenger side-view mirror smashed & turned in. This side of the car was not on the road, but rather the sidewalk. I also noticed several other cars with similar issues. So, someone walked by & decided to vandalize cars. When I spoke to the hotel manager, intending to ask for some tape, she immediately got defensive after I explained what happened. I was offended she would take it to that point, so I decided to mention that although I knew I parked at my own risk, it was a decision supported enthusiastically by a hotel employee. I would definitely not stay at this hotel again for the lack of management's concern for hotel guests.

Other than that, the hotel facilities were fine. We had 3 adult females in a suite, and we were comfortable. The "largest hot tub in Tennessee" was overly chlorinated and only lukewarm.

Green Features: They did have wall-mounted shampoo & body wash rather than little bottles.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Shannon C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. First, I would like to apologize about how you perceived my reaction to your problem to be. I assure you, that was not my intention as I genuinely care about all of our guests and their experience. When guests ask the front desk if parking on the street is safe, we let them know that for your personal safety, yes it is! I am sure that is what our desk agent was speaking of as we get that question alot since this is a walking neighborhood. However, street parking in a college neighborhood with 20+ bars in a 4 block radius, always has a risk that damage can come to a vehicle or be towed. I am sorry that the desk agent assumed that you were speaking of personal safety and not your vehicles safety. I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed the city and had a good time. Once again I am sorry that this incident dampened your trip. We hope you come back to Nashville again soon and please take advantage of our many parking garages! Thank you again for the review! Take care and have a great day!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This would have been great, say about 20 years years ago. The decor reminded me of a cross between lowend Ikea and Target. Don't get me wrong, I love Target. There is an interesting curtain in the center to provide privacy should someone want to sit on the couch and watch television with the roomate sleeping on the bed. The room is by no means spacious. I have been a Hilton HHonors member for years, and love the bedding. However, don't look for it here. It reminded me of a time I had the misfortune of staying at an Extended Stay America.

Lot's of empty wall shelves to store college decor and books for those on an extended stay. The room also has a full refrigorator and microwave, but no stove. Perfect for reheating take out pizza and a chilling a few cases of beer. As I said, where was this 20 years ago?

Breakfast was less than I have been accustomed to at Homewood Suites and Hampton Inns. Once again, you can relive that dormroom experience at the 15 foot group dinner table in the lobby. There are are some additional tables there if you can
get them.

The hotel location is great, and the staff were courteous and the only recognizable aspect of a Hilton property.

Green Features: The only "green" aspect that I recall are the gym style soap/shampoo dispensors in the shower. I guess I could call them cost savings over green.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Thomas M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor! I am happy that you found us, and as an avid Hilton traveler I am glad that you got to experience the Home2! The design of our hotel does somewhat come across as a dorm room with its efficient layout and extra storage space. This brand was meant to be the mid-tier product of extended stay with Homewood being the upscale version. Home2 is a great brand and I am glad that you tried us out! I am happy the staff took care of you while here! Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

A group of friends and I stayed here this past weekend. It was a good trip. We were looking for a place last minute and found this location. We were on the 7th floor looking across to a Cancer home. Friday night was pretty quiet in the room, the pull out sofa fit 2 fine and so did the queen sized bed. I would request or bring with you extra blankets if you plan on sleeping on the pull out sofa. Our room got a little chilly and the thin sheet and thin blanket wasn't really enough for sleeping on the pull out sofa. Bathroom was large & roomy. The room was okay, décor isn't my taste but we were only staying there for the weekend so it didn't concern me much. The location is a little further away from the main part of Broadway (there is a shuttle that does go downtown til 12pm on the weekends) however Music Row wasn't a bad area we found some bars and restaurants worth stopping at over the weekend. We enjoyed some live music at SoulShine and enjoyed our dinner at Tavern. Saturday night unfortunately we must have had some college students because at about 4:30am they were making all kinds of noise, yelling, sounded like they were jumping off the beds. After about 15 minutes of that we heard security come to their door then things got quiet. Other than that it was a decent place to stay. The parking was $20 a day which was hefty but looking at the parking situation in that area I can see why they charge a premium. Decent stay overall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear sunshinevt,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed your weekend with us. Thank you for the note regarding the blankets for the sleeper sofa. We always keep extras on hand, so next time be sure to ask and we will deliver one for you. I also apologize about the unruly nextdoor guests. As we are in a college neighborhood with hotspots for partiers, so we sometimes get our share of wild guests. But I am glad to know that our overnight staff took care of it right away. Thank you again for your review on tripadvisor.com and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at the Home2 Suites while attending a conference in Nashville, Tn. The overall condition of the hotel was very good. There was a little construction in the lobby due to a crack but it was managed very well. The only small compliant I have is the bathroom. It was clean except in the corners of the shower. It could stand a little deep cleaning. Did see a few small pieces of trash that the vacuum cleaner missed while working out on the floor. I do like things clean at home and away from home so I'm not trying to be over critical. The staff was great especially the courtesy van drivers: George, Anthony, Toby and another guy's name I can't remember but but his son graduated from high school while I was there. The hotel isn't in the heart of downtown but it's just a quick shuttle ride away and these guys get you there! I would recommend the hotel and I would stay with them again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear kajoy2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com. I have brought your notes to the attention of the housekeeping manager and I assure you we will use your words to train the staff even more. I am glad that you found the shuttle to service your needs and that you found the staff to be pleaseant. Thank you again for the taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and have a great day!