“Breakfast the Only Weakness”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am a real cheapskate so I am reluctant to pay $100 for a place to sleep for the night. However, my wife and I found ourselves in Nashville for three nights and the Home2 was offering a weekend deal so we went for it. I thought the $18 per night for parking was a bit excessive, but they were very up front about it so it was not a last minute surprise and it did get us off the street and into a covered and secure area. The “breakfast” was continental at best with only the basics, but a great area for it. The room was great. A small kitchenette with everything one would need for light cooking, plenty of room to stretch out, a comfortable bed, and easily adjusted temperature controls. The bathroom was top notch. High quality fixtures and a wonderful shower (no tub) with good quality towels. The desk and room cleaning personnel were friendly, helpful, and eager to please. The building itself is new, exceptionally clean and well maintained. In Nashville we will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear DickGwen,
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Home 2 Suites. As a new hotel and brand we really do appreciate the feedback. In regards to the breakfast, we are currently exploring other options to make our breakfast more appealing to our guests and more in line with our competitors. Thank you again for taking the time to post on tripadvisor.com and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Have a great day!

Merrily Bell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the Home2 Suites for two weeks on business. The hotel reminds me of Aloft Hotel, without the plastic chairs. The room was large and comfortable and the bed was also comfortable. The room also had a full size refrigerator with freezer and ice maker. On the lower floors try to get an even numbered room if you want a decent view.

Keep change on you if you want to purchase food from the market or be prepared to charge items purchased to your room..."no change" from the front desk.

They have garage parking and valet parking for $4 more than the garage parking. Most of the valet attendants go the extra mile to take care of you as you load your car (one even threw away my trash my morning). Breakfast was just okay, not what I'd hoped. Coffee is extremely strong and not very good, but it will keep you awake. If you are looking for a HH Gold/Diamond upgrade to a larger room with a full size fridge and stove/oven; unless you are considered an extended stay, forget about. I enjoyed my two weeks at the Home2 Suites. A great alternative to the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn in close proximity.

Room Tip: Try to get an even numbered room for the best views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Angelique0706,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com! We are glad that loyal Hilton HHonors members are trying out the newest Hilton brand. I am sorry that no change was available while purchasing from our market. We try to make sure the desk has plenty of change, but on occasion we do get wiped out. I am sorry it was while you were trying to purchase items. The Home 2 brand team is currenlty working on re-vamping the breakfast to offer more appealing items. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope that the next time you are in Nashville you choose to stay with us. Have a great day!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The front desk clerk (Shavon Manson) was extremely nice and helpful,I have never had such great customer service. From the time I pulled up and the vallet attendent (Josh) was very friendly and kind to my needs.to walking into a hotel where I couldn't help but notice how clean and professional everything was, my room made me feel as if I was at home and Shavon just topped it off with her great customer service!!!!! I would definitely share this experience with my CEO and others from my company whom travel offten and look for a place outside home to call home thanks keep up the good work!!!! Shavon and Josh

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank teeellington

Dear teeellington,
Thank you for the glowing review on tripadvisor.com! It pleases me to read that the staff is taking such great care of our guests! I admit Shavonne and Josh are both top notch in this area. Once again we apreciate the time you took to write a review and we hope that on your next trip to Nashville you choose to stay with us. Have a great day!

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The beds were too small. The front office informed us their biggest bed is a queen which we supposedly had. My boyfriend 6'5" didn't fit at all and it was a DOUBLE not a queen. If you're staying at a hotel parking should be included but nope not here. Self parking over night was $18. Riiiiiidiculous!!!!!! I will never stay at this place again!

• Stayed: December 2012
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear mel71781,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The Home 2 Suites is a new brand and we appreciate any and all feedback. I am sorry that we do not have King beds available at our hotel; our lot needed an additional 4 feet for us to have king size beds and our city block just didn't have that. I assure you our beds are Queen but for a guy that's 6'5" it would most definitely feel smaller. Our sister property, the Hilton Garden Inn- Vanderbilt does have king size beds. In regards to the parking, I apologize that you were expecting free parking. As we are in a downtown city neighborhood where parking is few and precious, we do charge for parking in our secured, covered garage. There is free parking on the street, if available. Once again, I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. On your next trip to Nashville, please consider the Hilton Garden Inn - Vanderbilt for your bed size request. Thank you again for staying with us and for posting the review. Have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was my first time at a Home2Suites hotel, and being on the road all the time I am very familiar with the Hilton family of hotels. I particularly enjoyed this hotel experience. A few pluses and one minus:

+ Brand new, everything clean and all appliances operational. Fridge, dishwasher, microwave in the kitchenette with dishes. Curiously, no stovetop but you can borrow a portable one from the front desk. I guess this was a cost savings and probably many people don't use it. However, you could have a simple meal in your room and keep some items refrigerated if you were looking to save money by avoiding going out every meal.
+ Good breakfast setup, they don't have the buffet of hot items like Hampton, but everything else is there and they had egg open faced sandwiches you could heat up if you wanted. I actually am not a huge fan of the Hampton french toast and formed egg circles anyway that you see some places, so this was fine with me. It's what I would deem continental with some improvements. The breakfast area is well lit and inviting.
+Extra comfy bed and soft sheets
+Gym was spacious and functional. Also had laundry (coin op) if you need that.
+Service was very friendly and helpful.

- Parking was $18.00 for self park. I see this at some hotels in cities, so it wasn't totally unexpected and the staff is upfront about the charges. I suspect there are other parking options nearby that may be cheaper.
-One elevator was inoperative, the other was very inconsistent with the door closing (had to hold the close button down to close). Not a big deal but hopefully maintenance tags it and fixes it.

I believe Home2Suites is Hilton's response to the Aloft brand of hotels. It definitely has a modern feel to it but what was best was that it was clean and new and comfortable. Price was OK, not the cheapest nor most expensive. Overall, this is fine for business or pleasure. It's better than a typical Hampton Inn. I would stay here first if I was back in Nashville.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear RicarcoS,
Thank you so much for the review on tripadvisor.com! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about the parking charge, but our neighborhood is very short on parking, therefore it does come at a premium. I also apologize about the elevator, our maintenance team has taken care of the issue. We hope to see you again the next time you come through Nashville. Thank you again for the review! Have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband was recovering from a procedure at a nearby hospital, so we needed a place to stay for 3 months. When we walked into H2S and got a quick tour with one of the desk clerks, our 15yo son immediately said this was the place for us. I can't say enough good things about this place!! The physical facilities are marvelous, but the PEOPLE!!! Every single one of the staff members has been so helpful, professional, and accommodating every day of our stay. They have consistently gone out of their way to make us comfortable and to meet every one of our needs, whether it's shuttling us back and forth for clinic appointments, helping us with special cleaning requirements, locating special vendors...whatever. These people are the best. The location is perfect for access to everything in Nashville. And the accommodations are wonderful. Thank you, Home 2 Suites, for helping us through one of the most challenging times of our lives!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Division Street would probably be quieter because of the parking garage behind the hote...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear pianoladytn,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com! We appreciate your glowing words! I am so glad that the staff made you feel welcome and that Home 2 offered everything you needed. I am sorry for the reason that you had to stay with us, but we are so happy that you did. Thank you again for the review and we hope you have a Happy Holiday Season!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was booked at this hotel by the university for an interview visit. The hotel exceeded my expectations on all levels. It looks brand spanking new. The lobby is inviting and user-friendly, unlike many hotels. Front desk staff was kind, hotel shuttle drivers were wonderful and always available within 15min of a call (even when at a downtown location). My suite was very spacious and impeccably clean, and quiet both nights I was there. Breakfast was very good. Look no further if you need to be within walking distance of Vanderbilt but also close to downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear anne t,
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor.com! I am so glad that the Home 2 Suites gave you a comfortable place to stay during your interview process. I know those can be stressful and I am happy that we were able to provide a comfortable clean place for you to prepare. Thanks again for the review and we hope the next time you come through Nashville you choose to stay with us! Have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season!