“Modern, convenient and comfortable!!”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt
Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is only 8 months old and is very unique and modern. The customer service was wonderful and the continental breakfast had healthy choices! The best part was the bedding, they were so comfortable we did not want to get out of bed- even the fold out couch bedding was awesome!! The shuttle service ran until midnight which allowed us to take advantage of the downtown nightlife. This hotel is close enough to downtown, but in a quiet section that is not in the "heart' of all the hustle and bustle. I would definitely stay here again, especially for the value!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Kim P,
Thank you so much for the reveiw on tripadvisor.com!! As we are new, we love it when our guests take the time to give feedback! And we 100% agree with you on the bedding (it's the mircro fiber sheets)! I am also glad that you found healthy options on our Inspired Table breakfast...Home 2 is all about living healthy and green! Thanks again for the reveiw and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Nashville!

Merrily Bell

Reviewed October 6, 2012

So, we're up from Atlanta for work/pleasure trip. Decided to take a chance on Home2 Suites from our normal Marriott Residence stays.

First off, very different vibe and feel to this hotel from your first step in the lobby. Very modern/Ikea kind of feel which extends to the rooms. Our room was studio with two queen beds and pullout sofa. The room was very sparse, and open. One window with roll shade in lieu of curtains stood out to me, although come morning the shade did keep the room dark.

The bedding was sublime to say the least! I will be ordering this Serta mattress when I get home! My whole family raved about the beds and the great night sleep.

Fee based hotel parking was bit of let down, at 18 for self parking and 23 for valet. Of course when we arrived the valet quickly informed us the self parking was full, so I had no choice but to valet.

So, morning came...wife took first shower, I was next up...then the power when out in the entire building!

During the power outage we could here confusion in the hallway, dogs barking, doors slamming. This was a bit unsettling for my one year old son and 9 year old daughter, but we managed in the dark.

Long story short...although an eventful stay, not a totally bad experience. The dorm room style room isn't my cup of tea, however it was functional.

Would I choose to spend my dollars here again? I'm not certain. Our Marriott stays are more relaxed with more creature comforts available, however I would not rule out another stay perhaps in a larger room away from the street.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank P0nomo
Kim L, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for trying out the Home2 Suites by Hilton Brand. Your comfortable sleep had a lot to do with the Home2 Suites sheets so I would love to make them available to you if you would like to call the hotel and ask for Kim. Sorry about the power outage on Division St. and any confusion you experienced. We appreciate your feedback and hope you come back to stay with us.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at this location this past weekend (Sept. 27-30) for TSU homecoming instead of the host hotel. I’m so happy I stayed here because I love the location of this hotel. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The amenities of this hotel are excellent (i.e. free continental breakfast, free high speed wireless access, fridge, microwave, and cooking utensils in room, beautiful clean bathroom). Also, the hotel staffs (i.e. front desk and valets) were friendly and very helpful, which was greatly appreciated during my stay. The only complaints I have about this hotel are: 1) hotel parking is $18 a day for self-parking (note: one can park on the street in the neighborhood but parking is limited), $23 for valet and 2) the room’s walls are not sound proof and one can hear others in the room with shared walls. Otherwise, whenever I’m in the area in the future, I will surely consider this location for my stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks you for taking the time to let others know about our location. We are glad you had a great homecoming weekend. We look forward to seeing when you come to Nashville again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Home2 Suites is now my go-to place when staying Nashville! The decor is awesomely modern and up to date, while the staff certainly know a thing or two about southern hospitality. The breakfast is wonderful and the microfiber sheets make it so hard to get out of bed as they are entirely too comfortable! During our stay we also took advantage of the hotel's shuttle service that allowed us enjoy Nashville's nightlife. We had a great time! All in all, this is one of the best hotel's with the best customer service I've ever experienced and I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area. Do yourself a favor and check out Home2. You'll have a new home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Allie, Thank you for letting us know you love our hotel. We look forward to seeing you whenever you are in Nashville.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed there for two days in Sept 2012 for a series of meetings in Nashville. I have to admit the entrance was a bit elusive but I was greeted by a very professional and friendly valet. I can't speak enough on how cool and hip the hotel and room design are.
The breakfast was perfect for what I typically eat. There is an egg sandwich that you heat up in a conveyer toaster and a lot of cold selections (try the Nutella). I was pleasantly surprised that the shampoo was in a dispenser-thanks for having the guts to do that-very environmentally friendly of you!
Check-in/out were both quick and efficient, encountered many staff members and lots of smiles and greetings. I found especially nice that there is a comment card from the owner/president (with his personal email). Would definitely stay there again and again.

Room Tip: Try the Nutella at breakfast and if you ever need a snack there is a huge bowl of green apples at th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Kim L, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We are glad you felt welcomed when you arrived at our Home2 Suites Nashville. Great suggestion for other guest with the Nutella. We look forward to seeing you back again and again as you stated. See you soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My stay at the HOME2 was wonderful. The entire staff was the best I have ever run into. I am a CSR myself and to meet an entire staff that offer"s the best of the best, I now know that CUSTOMER SERVICE is still in the AIR. I hope that they never lose that LEVEL of GREATNESS. THANK YOU for making me feel at home each and everyday that I was there,

Linda Dunford
room 701

Room Tip: All you need to do is ask and you will receive.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thanks Linda. That is great to hear such wonderful feedback. All of our staff members plan on keeping up our HOME2 spirit. Smiles.....

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I work in downtown Nashville frequently and have had the opportunity to stay at many places in the West End and this hotel is my favorite. Rooms are clean and spacious with a seating area, small kitchen and sleeping area. Bring your own conditioner as the bath and shower has soap and shampoo only. The kitchenette is nice to have with a sink, microwave and refrigerator but you have to ask for a cooktop if you really want to cook. There is a hair dryer in the drawer in the bathroom and an iron and ironing board in the closet. Closet is small but functional and the desk are rolls out to a table if you need one but there is only one chair. Large flat screen tv rotates so you can see it from anywhere in the room. The gym is small but functional and there is a laundry area and outside cooking area with gas grills. Parking is extra and a bit pricey vs. other properties in the area and there are a ton of restaurants in walking distance once you do park. This will be my preferred stay in Nashville when I am in town on business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Merrily B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear EspanaTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is nice to know that we have become your choice of hotels in the Nashville/Mid-twon area. Our suites were designed for spacious living and we are so glad that you found them to be so. Please our staff know if you should need conditioner or lotion as we do have it available at the front desk by request. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Nashville!

Merrily Bell