“Get the "Grub Experience"”
Review of Urban Grub

Ranked #31 of 2,427 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Eclectic Coastal Menu with Southern flar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been here before and it is ALWAYS excellent but this was the first time we tried the "Grub Experience". I won't make that mistake again!
Our server, Ben, who was incredibly informative and personable, explained what the "Grub Experience " was. Turns out letting the server make suggestions for a family style meal based on your preferences is an INCREDIBLY great way to enjoy a meal here.
He started us with Andouille Sausage & Thick Cut Bacon. Nice sear on the sausage pieces paired with a great mustard and a great glaze and crust on the bacon was a great start to the meal!
There were four of us and we opted to split all four entrees served family style as per the experience.
Shrimp and Grits with Tasso gravy were really flavorful and had a great (non runny) consistency.
The Pork Chop is "life changing". Served with smoked peaches and cooked perfectly. And "cooked perfectly" means served medium. DO NOT BE SCARED! IT IS DELICIOUS!
We all agreed that the Halibut with Sunchoke puree is one of the best pieces of fish we have ever had. Being so far from the ocean, here in Nashville, it was a very welcomed pleasant surprise!
To round out the entrees, they brought out a Tomahawk. The price on this one is not for the faint of heart but if decide to put on your big boy pants and splurge, you won't be disappointed. Perfect medium rare finished with a little sea salt made this tender steak very memorable!
We were stuffed after all this food so for dessert we asked just for one item to split. We saw a "Nibbler" dessert board go to another table and realized that would have to wait for another night. It looked amazing though! We instead opted to split the Lime in the Coconut whish was an absolute perfect finish to the meal ! Perfect summer dessert. It is essentially a fancy Key Lime Klondike bar type dessert. It was VERY VERY GOOD!
I have dined here before and always enjoyed it but tonight was something special.

In addition to the food, the staff and managers were great! All were omnipresent without being intrusive. The perfect combination.

If you are going here with 4 our more people, I do not see any reason not to try the "Grub Experience"! Being able to try and share a bunch of items is a far superior dining experience to ordering individually!

Grab some friends and have a GRUB EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had the 16 oz Rib Eye cooked to perfection. Specialty drinks were great Side dishes were excellent.
Would definitely return

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Otis was an incredible server! He recommended drinks and entrees. The double cut pork chop is an incredible dish! Salads are great!

1  Thank 545cynthiaw
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Go here. Because it’s probably the best eat I’ve had in a long time. Excellent food. Rock solid wait staff. And the bacon sausage strata was almost like angels tickling my man parts. They have a full on brunch that although I didn’t have it - had all of my favorites. Charcuterie, seafood and other great stuff. Wish I was hungrier because I would have torn that up! Also. Our main courses were a little slow but the manager comped them. Great place or greatest place? Probably greatest place....

1  Thank thatbighockeyguy
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

My dad has pork chops whenever he can, and he raved about how tender these were. Also loved the crab cakes, steak frites, and chicken carbona. Staff friendly and complimentary valet parking.

1  Thank virginiad502