“Some staff make a difference!!!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Nashville/Music Valley
Ranked #112 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is our 2nd stay at Guesthouse Inn...there is a young lady named Constance that is an added asset to the hotel. On our first stay, she was very accommodating with the shuttle as we traveled back and forth to the Opryland Hotel. We recognized her friendly, outgoing personality yesterday when we arrived. I think she might have a little bit of prankster in her blood, but that makes her that much more charming. Kudos to Constance for taking care of the guests and just being herself!

The only inconvenience we have experienced is the bed pillows..(too small & not enough of them) .but we can live with that.

Room Tip: We have actually stayed in the same room both times, 1st floor, king bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paula G

Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you book this hotel based on the price with a pool like we did look elsewhere, the pool was disgusting had hair floating all around in it and so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom, therefore had a very disappointed child since would not let her swim. The carpets had stains on them, there was a couple of positive the breakfast was good, and a gentlemen by the name of Terrell was very friendly employee who worked the desk and shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank barbara p
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hotel was amazing overall! Such generius people there. Front desk service was AMAZING! Rooms were fabulous and super clean! Pool and hot tub were absolutly great too! I highly recommend this hotel perfect place to stay and perfect Location too!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Rooms were below average. TV was a 1980's model that wasn't worth squat. The heating and air conditioning unit squealed and sqwaked. No refrigerator in the room. Bare bones. What should I have expected for $80 a night?
The fitness room was horrible. I nearly killed myself on the $50.00 treadmill.
Could hear the cars on the road and was forced to keep the fan on all night to drown out the noise. The parking is horrible and if you can't park in the front, you are forced to park in the back where a room key is needed to activate the dimly lit elevator.
Pay the extra money and stay in a higher end hotel. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ronandlane
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.The only thing I noticed was a lot of the fixtures in the bathroom looked dirty and old.The bed was very comfortable.We were in a king suite.Had to leave early so I do not know about the breakfast,and I did not have a chance to go to the indoor pool.I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I really enjoy GuestHouse. I have stayed here at least half a dozen times in the last 3 years. I am a single travler, and the price is right for what I need. The staff is accomodating and friendly. There is a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. There is a small convenience store across the street where you can buy items to put in the refrig or use in the microwave. The breakfast is adequate to jumpstart the day...things like make your owe waffles, breads/bagels, hard boiled eggs, dry cereals, yogurt, juice, and coffee. There are no warm items like scrambled eggs or pancakes that you can get at some of the surrounding hotels, but is that really worth $20+ more a night when you can go to Cracker Barrell or Shoneys right next door and pay under $10 for a decent breakfast. The outside hot tub and indoor pool were warm and inviting... and it was cool to sit in an outside hot tub in 30 degree weather with the snow gently falling. Everything you need to enjoy Nashville is right at your fingertips. The Grand Ole Opry is within walking distance, and you can walk thru the lobby of the Gaylord Opryland Resort Hotel to get there. Good dining is nearby.. I love the Aquarium restaurant in the Opry Mills mall which is adjacent to the Opryhouse. (Be sure to get a discount coupon for a free appetizer at the Aquarium at the front desk). There is also a shuttle you can get to the downtown area that costs $10 round trip (the front desk should have details). All in all, I enjoy my stays here, and I am scheduled to return again in August and December. The only thing I can think of that may "improve" the experience would be to have upgraded pillows. Thanks Guesthouse for an otherwise great experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed January 18, 2013

One of the great things about this hotel is its location in Music Valley, just a short walk or drive from the famous Gaylord Opryland Resort. It cost a lot less to stay here (approx. $85/nt) than the fancier one up the street. That was one of the main reasons my husband and I picked this place. I also liked the fact that that they had a free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to the Gaylord Opryland. Unfortunately, their shuttle van broke down when we arrived from the airport, so we had to pay for our own shuttle to get to the hotel. I was told that the manager might give us credit or reduce our rate for the hassle, but no such luck...Anyways, the hotel itself looks and feels outdated. When we got to our room, it was very cold. And when we turned on the heater, it was a little noisy (one of those old fashioned wall units, not central air/heating). When I called for extra blankets, they said I had to go downstairs at the front office because they didn't have housekeeping staff in the evening. It felt more like a Motel 6. Oh well, you get what you pay for...The good thing is breakfast is free; nothing fancy, but it was adequate enough. It's also close to some restaurants and, of course, the Gaylord. If you don't have a lot of money to spend-or just don't like to spend much time in your room, then I suppose this place would be okay. Otherwise, if you expect more, maybe look elsewhere in this area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends