“Friendly staff”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Nashville/Music Valley
Ranked #113 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our third stay here. We had thought about trying somewhere else on Music Valley but they had a special offer going where you could get a suite for the same price as a room so we went for that. Unfortunately the small pool wasn't open this year, owing to fire damage last year. Sometimes the breakfast wasn't very well stocked when we came down, but a word to the staff soon put that right. Otherwise everything else was okay and we enjoyed our special offer suite. We'll probably be back - especially if they repeat the special offer!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean. This location was perfect, close to Opryland, and just a short shuttle ride to Music Row(2nd and Broadway). We will stay here again. Jacuzzi was still out of order, but that did not bother us. We would not have used it anyway (yuck). The bartender in the lounge was great. Very limited (almost no) food available thought. The continental breakfast was beyond what we expected. Hot food and coffee, cold cereal and juice, with fresh fruit, great. (don't be late it goes fast). Over all our stay here was very pleasant. We recommend you try it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is not anything fancy by any means, but it was a comfortable and clean place to stay. Best part is the location. My friend and I walked to a good restaurant a couple buildings over called Caney River Grill...was yummy. We also walked to the Opryland Hotel, which is right across the street. We only stayed one night and our room was sufficient for us. Breakfast there the next morning wasn't that great. I tried a biscuit with gravy, it was okay, but if you're a big breakfast eater, you'll be disappointed here by the food. I would recommend this place if you're interested in seeing the Opryland Hotel, this hotel is obviously more reasonably priced. Check around for coupons to this hotel, you can get a pretty good deal!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The staff was friendly but the quality of the hotel and the cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. But considering I was paying $89 a night, I got what I expected. Next time I will cut corners in other areas to save money so that I can pay for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place is horrible. It was nasty. They allow pets and we were told it was just on the 5th floor but there were animals on every floor and animal spots all over the carpet. (I have nothing against animals but please allow only one floor for animals!) My mom and dad traveled with us and on the 2nd day their toilet over flowed and flooded the bathroom floor and it rained in their window. The walls had holes in them in their room and ours. My friends were staying across the hall and got in the shower & guess what they found, BED BUGS!!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone. Very bad experience and WILL NOT ever stay there again!! They told us it was not American owned any more! This is a great location and close to Opry Mills and the Grand Old Opry but would rather pay more and drive next time!!

Room Tip: Always check the rooms before paying and staying!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Do not stay!!! Very nasty and run down!!! Animal stains everywhere!! If you are allergic to animals & mold stay away!!! Scored a 67 out of 100 on inspection! Great location but bad service!! Holes in the walls, linens and rooms not clean! Very disappointed used to be a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Snlhh
Reviewed August 1, 2012

First time in Nashville. This hotel is the nasty. We had reservations but needed to check in a day early checked in very late 1:00am. The woman at the front desk served her function I guess but clearly had no interest in her job. Hotel dusty musty dirty. We travel with a small dog and they allow them on the 5 floor. Upon entering the guest room noticed the floor was wet. Beds smell like the beds you would find in a abandoned home. Hair all over the bathroom floor. Towels dirty. Do your self a favor and don't make the same mistake I did....

• Stayed: August 2012