“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #44 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Nokomis,Illinois
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly. Hotel was in need of some TLC. I do believe they were under construction. The location of the hotel was nice. I don't care for outdoor access to my rooms and I didn't know that this hotel had that when I booked my room online.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
RANCHO CORDOVA
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This recently renovated older building is a very good buy. It is close to the government buildings, the bus line and Nashville attractions, The breakfast was very nice and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and comfortable, and although I have stayed in larger rooms the size was adequate. Cab fare from the nightlife attractions was only $5! What an overall bargain!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went with a group to Nashville for my husband's 30th. We wanted more people to come so we went with the cheapest thing we could find downtown and this was it. Although the outside is not that appealing the rooms were very nice, staff was also very nice and the breakfast was very good. It is obviously not a 5 star hotel but we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were since it over $100 cheaper than the Sheraton right next door. It is a great place to stay if you are going to enjoy the city and aren't going to spend the whole weekend in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was invited to Nashville to see a special performance and this was the designated hotel to stay in. I have never stayed in a Best Western and wasn't really looking forward to do so at this point. I researched the hotel and read reviews and was a bit apprehensive even more. I am not to big on hotels where my door is to the outside. Well, when we pulled up, the valet was eager to assist and the staff were extremely welcoming. When we got to our room, I was pleasantly surprised. It was very cold this particular weekend with wintry mixes falling. The room while small, was cozy and nice. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nicely updated (other than behind the door which was kinda weird). The only downfall in my book was the lack of a gym. There was an area for a gym and there was a treadmill and another piece of equipment but just wasn't really in line with what I consider a gym. I must say though that I slept very well. The breakfast room was cozy. In all, other than having to go outside to get to areas of the hotel, I thouroughly enjoyed my stay. I would stay again. I think they may be undergoing some renovations as well. Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I would stay at this hotel again to meet my travel budget but I would never stay here with my family. The room was small but the bathroom was big and the bed soft. The Staff tried to be helpful. The comp breakfast and free internet was of value. My room however smelled of smoke but the location was very convenient.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed January 14, 2014

As others have said, this motor inn is old tired and dilapidated. The bed was OK, but everything else in the room was 1950's, even the pair of someone else's socks I found on the floor. In todays day and age, to walk outside to get to your room in cold rainy weather is uncomfortable.

The description of the hotel says "convention center", but it is .8 miles away. True $4.50 will get you there by cab, but most hotels that advertise as "convention center" are attached or next door.

Staff was absolutely fantastic!! Very friendly and accommodating. My room key didn't work after two trips to the front desk (with my luggage), but a maintenance guy came with me the third time and it worked. I would not stay here again, period. No restaurant, no bar...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM711, General Manager at The Capitol Hotel Downtown Nashville, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments and our apologies that you were not satisfied with your stay. In reading your comments I do understand your concern the age of the building but I also appreciate your comments about the service and efforts of the staff. As you were very busy, we have already started the reinforcement of the exterior building to prepare for the remodel. Public areas are also included. An additional update will be our lobby, which will be expanded and it will include a Bistro that will serve high-end beers and hot foods. We expect completion in May 2014.

Thank you again for staying and maybe you will considered returning later in the year.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Hartland, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

In essence my review echos that of KiwiAbroadGally1. . Our room # 306 contained two very comfortable beds. the remaining furnishings were dated- The exterior of the building is in need of a resurface. the public areas are very dated and worn. The property met our needs- a place to clean up and sleep. With every thing else pushing or excedding $300 per night it was a viable option.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple