“Wonderful Find”

Cafe Fontanella
Ranked #138 of 2,041 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wonderful Find”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We came in on a rainy Monday night while just passing through the area. The valet parking was a nice touch, even if we didn't take advantage of it. The restaurant was fairly busy but we got in right away. There was some confusion with the hostess and assorted servers, but the service was good and the food was delicious. The eggplant rollatini and the gnocchi romano with grilled chicken both earned an A+.

• Visited May 2013
Fontanel_Attractions, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Fontanella, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write your review! It is appreciated. We're thrilled to hear that you had a mostly positive experience. I am glad to hear of your experience and we hope to see you again real soon. This time we will ensure that our hosts and servers are effectively communicating and providing you the best possible service.

Nashville, Tennessee
“If you love Italian food...”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I love Italian food and Cafe Fontanella is our special .place to dine on important dates like anniversaries, etc. The bruschetta is absolutely the best I've ever had. And the pizza...oh! The service is excellent. The atomsphere is wonderful. The food is to die for.
A must must try!!

• Visited April 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time out to write such a nice review! It is very much appreciated! We appreciate your business and support and look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Whites Creek, Tennessee
“Local”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I live right up the road from Fontanella. It is a frequent eating place for me and my family. Getting ready to move soon and I will very much miss this place. Stop in if you are from out of town. You will like the people and love the food.

• Visited April 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review! Whites Creek is a close knit community and we are sad to see you leave! Please come by before you go and ask for Antonio, I would love to buy you dinner and thank you for your business! Best of luck to you in the future and thank you for your support!

Ciao!
Lexington
“Best Garlic Rolls On the Planet”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I would eat here again just for the complimentary garlic rolls that they bring while you are waiting for your food. They were large, yeasty and warm and are brushed with butter and parmesan as well as sitting in same for dipping. Awesome! The house salad that you can get for an additional $2.95 with your entree was very good. My husband ordered stromboli which he said was good (beware it is fairly greasy) and I got the gnocchi. I didn't like it at all and would not recommend it. The sauce tasted similar to tomatoe soup with a bit of garlic added. It was very overpriced as well. Our server (don't recall her name)was very friendly and did a good job. Our food came quickly. I would eat here again but would try something different.

• Visited April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! We encourage all kinds of feedback, positive and negative. I am sorry about your experience with the Gnocchi. It is usually our go to dish for new guests. I am sorry it wasn't up to par. Please come visit us again soon so we can make it up to you! We look forward to your next visit!

Ciao!
Covington, LA
“5 stars!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, service, entertainment and atmosphere! Must eat here! Excellent Italian food by someone who knows how to do it right! I love Italian so I am pretty finicky. They knocked it out of the park!

Visited April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write your review! It's a pleasure to hear from someone that appreciates our food as much as you did. We look forward to your next visit with us! Thank you!