“HUGE and relatively fresh”

Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet
Ranked #697 of 2,038 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Franklin, Tennessee
“HUGE and relatively fresh”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We went here for the first time after a day at the Nashville Zoo because it's right across the street. I always walk into a buffet suspicious of everything, but was pleasantly surprised. The lobby of the restaurant is a little Vegas and a little kitschy Asian. We were seated quickly.

The cooked Chinese vegetables (mixed, green beans, etc) were fantastic. Very fresh and still crisp. My husband tried some ham and as a result we determined that, like some Vegas buffets, you are better off eating a vegetarian diet here. There is a large offering of fresh fruits. The service was very fast and friendly. I didn't ask (and should have) asked if they use msg in their food. My guess is that they do.

We have a favorite Chinese take out place and Hibachi Grill holds it's own against them. I would give it a 5 compared against any other buffet that I've visited.

Brentwood, Tennessee
“HIBACHI GRILL IN MADISON, TN - WASTE OF MONEY”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Please note that this review is for Hibachi Grill located in Madison, Tennessee. Stopped by on Friday night around 6:00 pm and had to park and walk across the parking lot and waited a few minutes to get in the front door (this is usually a good sign that the food will be tasty when the parking lot is full and there is standing room only). Needless to say, this was the total opposite. With a full restaurant and patrons constantly coming in to dine, one would think the food would be fresh and piping hot. Although there is a good variety and several items to choose from on the buffet, each and everything we sampled from the various steam tables was actually cold. The soups were not even lukewarm and in most restaurants they are usually so hot that you have to wait before consuming. I could understand if one steam table was malfunctioning; however, all of them were either not turned on or had no water in the reservoir. We probably should have opted for the hibachi grill so the food is actually cooked to order.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank T M
San Diego, California, USA
“Huge space, lots of choices”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I went there with a group of 10 on a weekday for lunch
The buffet was fully stocked, the food was prepared well and tasted good
The service was typical
Parking is plentiful in the strip mall parking lot that this place is in
Nothing fancy here, but there is some variety - they even had decent sushi!
Clean bathrooms, a nice eating area that is so big you wonder why they pack you so tightly around a table

I would bring my group of 10 back for lunch again

• Visited November 2013
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Team meeting Fresenius”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been the lots of buffets restaurants . This place is the exception to the all. The food is delicious , fresh, temperature was good. The selection was enormous , like being in restaurant Walmart

• Visited November 2012
Nashville, Tn
“Supreme it is not!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'm not a big fan of buffets but occassionally I'll give one a try. There are not many I enjoy but I have a few (very few) that I go to regularly such as the buffet at Sitar in downtown Nashville. I made two trips to this Supreme buffet and both times with the same results....the food was awful.

The first time I went, the diet coke tasted watered down and I couldn't even finish it. The best of the food was mediocre and a great deal of it was not good. Any of the chicken dishes I got was thin, tiny pieces that were stringy and tough. Several dishes were not refilled and sat empty. Nothing there warranted a second visit but a friend insisted on going a few weeks later. While he apparently enjoyed the buffet, I was again thoroughly turned off. And just for the record, I LOVE eating. I enjoy a good meal and if there's good food, I'm going to enjoy it. For me, the second visit was more of the same---terrible food. And, there's always a lot of people, it was noisy and seemed a little dirty to me too.

When it comes to a buffet, my feeling is that quality over quantity must prevail. That's why I like Sitar's buffet. It's small but the food is good! This restaurant has LOTS of food and its mostly bad. A lot of bad food is not my idea of a good meal. I'll finish by saying that the parking lot always stays full. So apparently they have a lot of customers. I just will not be one of them. My recommendation....stay at home and make a good meal. It'll be better than anything you'll get at this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012