“Booklover's Meca”

Nashville Public Library
Ranked #45 of 257 things to do in Nashville
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Since I live in Nashville - this is a weekly destination for me. The building is great - free one hour parking in the rear garage (remember to get you ticket stamped) - green courtyard off the second floor makes a nice retreat. Disadvantage is that it attract many of the city's homeless (who can blame them a cool building, comfortable seats, and place to use the internet).

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Historic building, public art on the outside, and nice location across from park, near other attractions. A quiet respite.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This gorgeous building fits into the older look of downtown but was on built 10 years ago. We spent most of our time in the enormous children's area that has an arts and crafts room, a theater, a lovely reading area with child-size furniture and an outdoor area with a fountain. Oh, also *a lot* of books. Our cursory look at the rest of the library promised much.
And of course, being a public library, the price is right.
Worth a stop for sure.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

love going here!! lots of book and places to eat around the library !
I love going else 5 times a year !!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This one of the most beautiful libraries I've ever seen. I was visiting Nashville and I hadn't planned to visit the library, but it was right on a corner when I was out sightseeing. The special collections room is stunning, as is the garden.

I thought the library was brand new, but when I questioned the librarian she told me that it was actually more than 10 years old. It's very well kept!