“Tring to hard.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Tring to hard.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The chicken was to spicy for being the lowest level of hot. The Chili pepper and cayenne pepper was so over powering. Probably wouldn't go back but everyone was nice. If you like to taste heat and nothing else this is the place for you.

• Visited August 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pepperfire is heads above the other "Hot Chicken" spots in Nashville because of the staff. They are always friendly, serve you quickly, and are honest with your wait time. Their chicken is consistently moist - I have tried the "hot" but have settled on the "medium" - plenty hot enough for me and not so hot that I cannot taste the spices. You can call in your order or email it prior to coming and it is ready for pickup - they send you a text, when it is ready, so you don't have to worry about hearing your name called. Give it a try.

• Visited August 2013
Ardsley, New York
“When in Nashville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Do not skip trying Nashville's Hot Chicken at Pepperfire. Small shack but big taste. Takes 30 minutes for your order to be ready but worth the wait. If you like hot spices, this dry rubbed chicken is for you.

• Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very good. Order online before you go.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've eaten here a couple times in the last month and the food is what is promises.
Things are hot here. Expect hot. Order mild if you aren't sure. It's less of a shack than Bolton's that is somewhere nearby, and Bolton's is such a 'hole in the wall' that it has atmosphere and this place really doesn't, but seating and parking are limited the same way once lunch gets in full swing so get there early or order by phone or online. Our lunch crew at work has ordered on line and we get there and go to the front of the long line of people waiting and get our orders. I ordered mild the first time and had decided I never want to try their really hot because mild was getting my attention. Then me and the guy next to me figured out we had each others orders and he had ordered 'hot'. The 'Tenders Royal' are great; it's the regular strips and sides but with a grilled cheese type bread underneath that soaks up all the flavor that is dripping off! Everyone I've gone with has liked the food and experience, even the guys leaving there with tears in their eyes and sweat pouring off of them!

• Visited June 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“Good and hot chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first hot chicken experience and a local friend took me for takeout. Call ahead so it waiting on you and avoid the wait. I had the tender royale with boneless strips of chicken covered in their special recipe of spices. This was place on top of some thick slabs of cheese which was breaded and crispy deep fried. The mild was plenty hot for me and I thouroughly enjoyed both. My second friend wanted to bring the pain and ordered hot coating on this half of a chicken. They warned him but he did it anyway and he almost could not eat it. I cannot believe the sell even hotter spice food. Good, fun food and I go again. Very humble location with a few picnic tables for dining so I'd recommend take it to go.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Pepperfire Hot Chicken? Share your experiences!