“Why didn't I know of this place earlier?”
Review of B & C Melrose BBQ

B & C Melrose BBQ
Ranked #1,215 of 2,067 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Why didn't I know of this place earlier?”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a phenomenal lunch we had at B @ C Melrose today. A friend told us about it last night so we decided to try it today...hands down my new fave spot for BBQ in Nashville. I got pulled pork which was moist and flavorful, with baked beans and their Mac n cheese. Best baked beans I've ever had. The Mac n cheese was awesome. So was the corn muffin and we got a side of onion rings...phenomenal. Highly recommend this place for BBQ!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank HauntJauntsGrl

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Que”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is a great, quick lunch spot with some awesome BBQ chicken. The pork and beef are good but I almost always go for the yard bird. Smokey and moist don't usually wind up in the same sentence when you're talking chicken but they pull it off - no pun intended. Sides are good, too. Try the grits of the day.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MortgageBob
Chicago, Illinois
“Good BBQ- Reasonable Price”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Tried this place out with my boyfriend when we were looking for something relatively quick to eat on his lunch break. I had the brisket plate with mac and cheese and the garlic cheese grits...YUM! That was the first time I tried grits and I wasn't expectng to enjoy it as much as I did. The mac and cheese was also very good as was the brisket. I liked that they set out a bunch of different sauces with little cups so I could choose and combine sauces to my liking. My boyfriend had the chicken sandwhich; he really enjoyed his meal as well. The prices here are very reasonable and the guy who served us was friendly. We will be back!

• Visited March 2013
cleveland, oh
“Best BBQ and sides in Nashville”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I eat here almost weekly. Turkey, chicken, and brisket are all excellent. Favorite sides are mac n cheese, cucumber salad, chili, and chocolate gravy cake! Mmmmm.

US
“Excellent barbecue, variety of meats, interesting sides”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

There are two locations for B&C BBQ, this location in Melrose on Franklin Rd, and the original location in the Farmer's Market. The catering arm uses the full name of Bacon & Caviar. I live near Melrose so I've visited this location most frequently.

First, the meat: In addition to the pulled pork you would expect to find in a Tennessee BBQ joint, they also offer beef brisket, chicken, and turkey. On Fri, Sat, Sun they have ribs, and on Wed & Fri they do a smoked salmon; on Saturday they also have smoked bologna! This is real deal barbecue ... the pork is moist and tender with the right amount of smoke. It does NOT come slathered with sauce -- it is actually good enough to eat plain, or there are a variety of sauces available at a condiment stand so you can pick your own poison. You can get a plate, a sandwich, or buy by the pound.

As good as the barbeque is, what makes B&C stand out to me are the sides. While there are those BBQ restaurant standbys of potato salad, cole slaw, and white beans, there's so much more. Certain items are nearly always available, and some rotate in and out, but there are always plenty to choose from and none are boring. They always have their garlic cheese grits, plus another grits dish-of-the-day. In addition to the grits, some of my favorites are the squash casserole (one of the best I've had in Nashville) and corn pudding. One word of warning: The sides are served from a steam-table set-up, and most of the time they are fine. Occasionally, though, I've been served something that had been out a little too long; the grits especially can suffer from this. So just take a peek at the items you'd like to order before you commit, even ask for a taste if you're not sure.

In addition, there are several appetizers (including smoked/fried wings, fried pickles, and BBQ pork eggrolls) and desserts available, as well as beer. Everything is made from scratch, in-house. The atmosphere is super-casual, service is friendly, and they are the most reasonably priced for the quality that I know of.

There are other BBQ spots in town and the metro area that get more hype, but B&C is in my personal Top Two for pulled pork & sides. It's a shame it is buried here on the rankings on TA, because either location is certainly worth a visit.

• Visited June 2012