“Now I know what real Mexican food tastes like.” 5 of 5 stars

Mas Tacos
Ranked #9 of 1,961 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Now I know what real Mexican food tastes like.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

So glad that Mas Tacos was recommended to me for my recent first trip to Nashville. I went twice during my visit. The food was fantastic; I had the chicken tacos both times. Though it was hot as heck outside, I had the pozole one day and it was amazing. The ingredients were fresh and it was just hot enough to be good but not too spicy. I also had the cilantro pineapple agua fresca, a drink I'd never had... the drink lives up to it's name; it was incredibly refreshing. The combination of cilantro and pineapple is not something I ever would have thought of but it was delicious.

Prices aren't too bad I suppose. They are a cash only establishment, so go prepared--I don't usually carry cash so I just happened to be lucky that I had some on me. As mentioned, they run out of items quick, so go early if there's something you really want. I actually missed the cactus and chorizo tacos by a hair--the folks in front of me ordered the last one. So disappointing, but I have something to look forward to next time I'm in Nashville!

Parking, as mentioned, is a bear. There are only about 5 spaces in the lot in front of the restaurant; I had to drive around a bit to find a space. I suspect that most of the cars along the residential street were also enjoying some tacos. There's not a lot of seating in the restaurant, but they do have some outside seating. Next time I'm back I'm hoping to try the chorizo and cactus tacos and the chilaquiles!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Ocala, FL
“Deserves the rave reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Wondered how a taco joint could be rated so high - now I know. After waiting in a short line, we ordered and had a seat. Our name was called within a few minutes for pick up. These are not traditional tacos - they are sort of their concoctions. The best was the Spicy Carne Molido - absolutely wonderful and probably the first taco I have had (out of hundreds) that did not need any salsa or hot sauce. The pulled pork and the chicken tacos were good but not near as good, IMO.
Fried plantains were very tasty. Remember, you are going there for the food, not for the exterior appearance. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
“Good little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We went there thanks to the reviews and it was kind of fun. The tacos were OK but I don't really know since it was my first. The corn was really good and the atmosphere even better.

Sherbrooke, Canada
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Decided to come try this place because of the raving reviews on trip advisor. It's a very small place, but the food is delicious. There was a big line, but the line moved quickly. The prices are very good. We tried the chicken tortilla soup, chicken taco, the corn, and the sweet plantains. Everything was delicious! It's definitely worth going to!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sarasota, Florida
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

An absolute must see while in Nashville! Great atmosphere and even better prices! We enjoyed the pork, beef and fish tacos and they were all excellent. So glad we got to eat here!

1 Thank Lauren M

Been to Mas Tacos? Share your experiences!