“Wow!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 1,951 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

An absolute must see while in Nashville! Great atmosphere and even better prices! We enjoyed the pork, beef and fish tacos and they were all excellent. So glad we got to eat here!

1 Thank Lauren M

Woodstock, Georgia
“Fantastic tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The tacos are some the freshest and best I've ever had. The service is friendly and fast and the prices can't be beat. Be prepared you might have to wait in a line but its worth it. Its not the nicest looking restaurant but don't let that stop you from going in. Some people might even say its a dive. Go for it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bucket List Checked...Mas Tacos!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling home to Texas by way of Nashville from a family vacation and were craving really good Mexican food. My sister remembered hearing about this place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives so we decided to give it a try. I am sooo glad we did. The outside may look a little sketchy but what's inside is totally legit! The food was amazing. The service was fast. I will go back every time I am in Nashville. I am determined to order everything on the menu. One trip wasn't enough. Everything we had was perfect.

1 Thank Stacey R
Chattanooga, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, very relaxed, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The place is small and packed, but the service is fast. We had four tacos (spicy molida, pork, tilapia, quinoa/sweet potato), black beans and plantains, agua fresca (pineapple cilantro), and bottled water -- $20 total. Line seemed long but moved quickly and after we ordered at counter and grabbed a seat, the food was ready within 5 minutes. Very tasty, bus your own table, enjoy!

Elon, North Carolina
“Scary on the Outside...Delicious on the Inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were visiting Nashville for our family reunion. I took my kids and my in-laws here because it was the #5 ranked restaurant in Nashville and the 1st Mexican place on the list. We drove up and my family was like, "uhm...no." I told them that there is no way it would be ranked so highly on TA if it weren't a great place to go.

This is a very, very small place with outdoor seating - and a few inside. You order at the counter all the tacos are $3 each. I had one Fried Avocado and one Pulled Pork. They were delicious - but my father-in-law got the Chicken and it was super. They were sold out of cactus-chorizo so my husband was very disappointed.

My kids HATED THIS PLACE. The beef taco is cooked with jalapenos and other spicy things, so they didn't have a good experience. Plus, no chips. Would love loved some chips and salsa!

We had the corn and it was AWESOME!!

I didn't see any beer - but I think some folks had brown-bagged their own out there on the porch.

I don't recommend taking the little ones.

I would go back in heartbeat and get MAS TACOS!!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank SherrieARC

Been to Mas Tacos? Share your experiences!