“Bucket List Checked...Mas Tacos!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bucket List Checked...Mas Tacos!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling home to Texas by way of Nashville from a family vacation and were craving really good Mexican food. My sister remembered hearing about this place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives so we decided to give it a try. I am sooo glad we did. The outside may look a little sketchy but what's inside is totally legit! The food was amazing. The service was fast. I will go back every time I am in Nashville. I am determined to order everything on the menu. One trip wasn't enough. Everything we had was perfect.

1 Thank Stacey R

Chattanooga, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, very relaxed, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The place is small and packed, but the service is fast. We had four tacos (spicy molida, pork, tilapia, quinoa/sweet potato), black beans and plantains, agua fresca (pineapple cilantro), and bottled water -- $20 total. Line seemed long but moved quickly and after we ordered at counter and grabbed a seat, the food was ready within 5 minutes. Very tasty, bus your own table, enjoy!

Elon College, North Carolina
“Scary on the Outside...Delicious on the Inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were visiting Nashville for our family reunion. I took my kids and my in-laws here because it was the #5 ranked restaurant in Nashville and the 1st Mexican place on the list. We drove up and my family was like, "uhm...no." I told them that there is no way it would be ranked so highly on TA if it weren't a great place to go.

This is a very, very small place with outdoor seating - and a few inside. You order at the counter all the tacos are $3 each. I had one Fried Avocado and one Pulled Pork. They were delicious - but my father-in-law got the Chicken and it was super. They were sold out of cactus-chorizo so my husband was very disappointed.

My kids HATED THIS PLACE. The beef taco is cooked with jalapenos and other spicy things, so they didn't have a good experience. Plus, no chips. Would love loved some chips and salsa!

We had the corn and it was AWESOME!!

I didn't see any beer - but I think some folks had brown-bagged their own out there on the porch.

I don't recommend taking the little ones.

I would go back in heartbeat and get MAS TACOS!!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank SherrieARC
Madisonville, Kentucky
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Read all the great reviews and also saw on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives. Went on a Wednesday which is Tamale Day. They were incredible. Also had the Avocado Taco and Pork Taco, which were also delicious. Waited in line for about 10 minutes at lunch but after placing my order, it only took a couple of minutes to get my food. Very small inside but outside seating is also available. Will definitely return when in the Nashville area.

• Visited July 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
“MAS TACOS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Fresh, authentic Mexican food! The pork tacos were out of this world. Had never had Elote but oh my! Also, had the fried plantain. Went with friends and we all agreed this was the best meal of the weekend trip.

• Visited June 2014