New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Mas Tacos
Ranked #10 of 1,989 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Madisonville, Kentucky
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Read all the great reviews and also saw on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives. Went on a Wednesday which is Tamale Day. They were incredible. Also had the Avocado Taco and Pork Taco, which were also delicious. Waited in line for about 10 minutes at lunch but after placing my order, it only took a couple of minutes to get my food. Very small inside but outside seating is also available. Will definitely return when in the Nashville area.

• Visited July 2014

Bryant, Arkansas
“MAS TACOS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Fresh, authentic Mexican food! The pork tacos were out of this world. Had never had Elote but oh my! Also, had the fried plantain. Went with friends and we all agreed this was the best meal of the weekend trip.

Bakersfield, California
“Muey delicioso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We are vacationing in the Nashville area for ten days and I asked a local friend for a list of "must-eat" places in Nashville, and this was one of her suggestions. So glad we made it one of our first stops! It was a very muggy day when we came here, and we were less than thrilled to find a crowded, cramped, stuffy room to eat in. My husband found a table and sat with the kids and I ordered. Three pork tacos (one with just cheese for my son), one fish taco, one chicken taco, spicy grilled corn, pineapple cilantro aqua frescos, and plantains. The food came quickly and was hot and plated nicely (as nicely as it can be in a paper tray... but it wasn't slopped all over and messy thankfully). I was expecting street tacos like we have in California, but these were GOOD SIZED tacos, filled with an incredible amount of meat. My six year old (who is a very picky eater) kept saying how delicious the pork was. I agreed. It was fantastic! Very moist and flavorful. I preferred the pork to the fish and would probably get two pork if we come again. My husband preferred the chicken to the pork (and he never likes chicken in a restaurant, so it must have been delicious). The plantains were divine, but could have used some more of the cream they drizzle on it. The corn was good, but I wouldn't get it again. I am not a fan of the cheese on it, but I'm glad I tried it at least once. This place is CASH only. It isn't cheap, but it was fun to try and it truly was some of the best tasting meat I've ever had in a restaurant. When we were done we drove just about 5 minutes down the road and had Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream for dessert!

1 Thank teachergirl01
“Must Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Went to location. Block building that holds great Mexican food! Authentic dishes with superb taste. Mexican Coke is a must get also.

Memphs
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Ate lunch and dinner in the same day. Food is great! Chicken tortilla soup spicy but good. Pork taco a favorite. Place is in neighborhood so you have to park on the street. No air conditioning, but do have fans. They take cash or check only. Definitely need to eat lunch. Open until 8:00 on certain nights.

1 Thank laurieintn